Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not syncing my gc to disc

Yip. Fourth week for me now. Sending emails four times a week and then having them feedback in no logical order. Have disconnected and reconnected a dozen times. Logged calls. They say they "working on it".

Of course, and as per usual. The consumer must do all the work while they fix their systems. So they will be super keen to fix the problem a.s.a.p. Oh no. Wait.....

All the wattbikes at the gyms I've been to have 60min limit stickers on them. However no one has interrupted my session, they mostly go to 90mins but I've noticed that no one sticks around long enough to notice I've been on for more than 60mins. I don't make a moat... my clothes and hair will be soaked through but sadly no moat... People should be proud of their puddles.

the WattBikes are prime real estate if you get one use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know a number of people having problems with this Iwatch they took on this deal. Mainly not picking up heart rate while playing tennis etc.

Has anyone successfully returned it and got out on the agreement based on this ?

the WattBikes are prime real estate if you get one use it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And even more if you have one at your club. My cheap @$$ VA in Bluff doesn't have one and probably won't get 1 for many years. It took them maybe 15 years to upgrade machines and weights so not expecting a wattbike.

But hey, gym is now free so it's OK...

and my GC to Disco stopped working again...

My sympathy / empathy with all the complaints stopped working a long time ago

All the wattbikes at the gyms I've been to have 60min limit stickers on them. However no one has interrupted my session, they mostly go to 90mins but I've noticed that no one sticks around long enough to notice I've been on for more than 60mins. I don't make a moat... my clothes and hair will be soaked through but sadly no moat... People should be proud of their puddles.

They dont bother with mops when i am done, they call in one of those zamboni's!

The Kauai across the road from the office has closed.

No more breakfast smoothies after my ride to work  :thumbdown:

They dont bother with mops when i am done, they call in one of those zamboni's!

Have not heard someone talk about a zamboni in ages!!

Just had a look at the "Vitality Race Calendar" and noted that not a single USN Cup or Nissan Trailseries race qualifies for cashback...

In fact, the only qualifying cycle races in the 2nd half of 2016 in the Gauteng appear to be the 94.7 Road and MTB.

Just had a look at the "Vitality Race Calendar" and noted that not a single USN Cup or Nissan Trailseries race qualifies for cashback...

In fact, the only qualifying cycle races in the 2nd half of 2016 in the Gauteng appear to be the 94.7 Road and MTB.

I'm hoping to receive a favourable reply to the application to have our MTB and Road events included (November) on the calendar.

** holding thumbs **

Cape Town is bleaker! 

My wife has the same problem, she goes to gym , Monday to Friday and logs 500 points, yet Disco keeps upping her target. She hurt her ankle running, so no more running with HR to get more points, and she uses the weekends to rest. Surely Disco should allow for some balance between exercise and rest (I think this was raised early on somewhere in the tread too). So now she makes her target one week, then fails 2 weeks (target is increased to 550 or 600)  after which the target is dropped again to 500, and the cycle repeats.

Agreed, people limited from cardio for an injury or an underlying condition will be challenged to meet the points targets, and to my point, gym facilities not pushing your heart rate will not get you to target, not to mention with little or no rest days.

A further consideration is that the original discovery virgin active gym subsidy only required the equivalent of 12 swipes a year to maintain a free access membership. A number of people are still on that arrangement, unfortunately anyone that has taken up the subsidy or joined Vitality since around 2010 are only partially subsidized on the latest arrangement.

I acknowledge that the points system is open to abuse or manipulation (strava was recently removed from integration due to manual capture which vitality could not differentiate from fitness device submissions) but truthfully creating a system of crazy rules 80% based on the outliers 20% will only invent a product they few understand and ultimately will loose popularity. In my observation the latest points rule engine is already crossing its tracks with the many failures recorded (or no recordings for that matter).