Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Its important to note that it seems that one can no longer score more than 600 points unless you are taking part in a timed and verified race.  This also means that it will now take you 25 weeks to reach your 30 000 annual limit if you don't do many races:( .  

This is actually more realistic.

This year majority of us have reached 30 000 points by Feb / March - there's no way that they'll allow this again.

They'll eventually cover all (majority) of the possibilities.

At least they making progress.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so what now for those of us that do adventure racing? been over 200km 8 times this year already will these days be capped at 600? most adventure races dont have chips aside from you tracking unit. 

Edited by VicanZA

so what now for those of us that do adventure racing? been over 200km 8 times this year already will these days be capped at 600? most adventure races dont have chips aside from you tracking unit. 

Just split the ride on your garmin into 180 min segments and then change using "GPS Track editor"  the date of the event. Done. points for days.

Surely Vitality are aware of this forum, it would be nice if they appointed somebody to explain/clear issues directly about the new system, if they arise!

Surely Vitality are aware of this forum, it would be nice if they appointed somebody to explain/clear issues directly about the new system, if they arise!

We've got @Myles Mayhew -  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

..."with proof of race completion with a race certificate or other supporting documentation."

Does anybody have a clue what this entails - what is valid/acceptable "other supporting documentation"? Will a link to the timing company's website (be it Racetec, EntryNinja, AMARider, excel file from the event with results or whatever) suffice? Very little races (riding or running) that I do actually give certificates. 

Otherwise this is being hyped up - but when rolled out nobody can claim any events because of lack of evidence.

Think this is a roll over statement from triathlons, swim and some running events where after the event (especially ironman and the like) you get a certificate in pdf you can download.

Anything timed at an event by a timing company Disco recognise (aka racetec) will automatically pic up.  I guess if a smaller timing company you may have to take a screen shot of the result.

Nice tweak... glad there is some reward for the lower end heart rate averages  :thumbup:

Should be easy to hit goals in general when active...

Just need to get rid of this bloody plague that is trolling me the last two weeks  :blush:

Strange the whingers don't come on to acknowledge improvements? Guess they are only programmed for bitching  :ph34r:

Well done Disco  :thumbup:

Think they did for Team Vitality with 1 post wonder "Vitality Dan" :wacko:

Hi everyone

I am Vitality Dan, an avid cyclist and an employee of Discovery Vitality. I am here to answer all your Team Vitality related questions and to give you all the correct information around the new benefit.

Here's some more information that covers most of the concerns and question I have seen so far on this thread. I will be working my way through and responding to all your questions as quickly as possible.

The current Team Vitality race calendar is only for quarter 1 of 2015 and includes the big races in each of the respective regions from January 2015 to March 2015. The calendar will be updated every quarter, with more events in each region being added. If there are specific events that you would like added to the calendar please email teamvitality@discovery.co.za with the race details and we’ll consider including these.

As a Team Vitality member, the team cycling jersey you receive in the starter pack is from Ftech worth over R1 100 and is imported from Italy and in addition to this ASG vouchers worth R500 on selected merchandise and Garmin vouchers worth R800 also on selected merchandise.

You’ll have access to the post-race Team Vitality hospitality area at events as well as invitations to exclusive Team Vitality talks and presentations. You’ll also receive newsletters throughout the year to ensure you are kept in the loop.

Remember to keep visiting our website to stay up to date with all Team Vitality news.

Anyone here still struggling with GC to Disco syncing activities? I'm on my 5th week now where the Disco app says its sync'ed and last activity is there but ActiveRewards has nothing. Never populates. I've logged 3 support calls. Linked and Unlinked probably 6 times. And nothing. Wife is also Garmin and she has no issues. Within seconds activities are there.

I've had to send screenshots of every activity for the past 5 weeks now, except for parkrun and gym swipes obviously. Queries are felt with slowly and often need follow up mails at the beginning of the next week to tie points together as they still say I missed target where I actually did.

Driving me nuts.

Anyone here still struggling with GC to Disco syncing activities? I'm on my 5th week now where the Disco app says its sync'ed and last activity is there but ActiveRewards has nothing. Never populates. I've logged 3 support calls. Linked and Unlinked probably 6 times. And nothing. Wife is also Garmin and she has no issues. Within seconds activities are there.

I've had to send screenshots of every activity for the past 5 weeks now, except for parkrun and gym swipes obviously. Queries are felt with slowly and often need follow up mails at the beginning of the next week to tie points together as they still say I missed target where I actually did.

Driving me nuts.

ja me too... and each time i mail or phone they act like this is a brand new problem, asking same dumb questions and then stating oh we have to invest 

As a result of the latest changes to the points, I will be sending them another email, referring to the previous (unanswered) reference numbers, to confirm the statement that one needs to claim points by logging in - like it used to be).

Timed and verified race events points

Claim your points by logging into www.discovery.co.za > Vitality > Gym and fitness with proof of race completion with a race certificate or other supporting documentation.

200 (check), 450 (close enough)

From Discovery... name and phone number removed

Dear Gerald

Thank you for your email, we apologise for the delayed response.

RaceTec are one of the time companies that we have partnered with and they should send us these events to add to our calendar.

You can follow up with RaceTec to ensure that they do send it through to us to load for points and cash backs.

Regards

Name removed

Partner Operations Consultant

Partner Operations

Discovery Vitality

Direct: number removed

Email: email address removed

URL: http://www.discovery.co.za

Maybe not too late to join team Vitality ? Cash back from Shova, 947 and Geralds event should cover most of the joining fee ?

Maybe not too late to join team Vitality ? Cash back from Shova, 947 and Geralds event should cover most of the joining fee ?

They said a while back it's all 50% now for all races on the calendar, so:

Amashova - R370 * 50% = R185

CCMNC - R300 * 50% = R150

947 - R430 * 50% = R215

You'll spend R1100 on entries + R600 on Team Vitality. You get back R550, so will end up costing you R50 over and above the R1100 entry fees.

That means the shirt costs you R50, as the rest is not worth it.

They said a while back it's all 50% now for all races on the calendar, so:

Amashova - R370 * 50% = R185

CCMNC - R300 * 50% = R150

947 - R430 * 50% = R215

You'll spend R1100 on entries + R600 on Team Vitality. You get back R550, so will end up costing you R50 over and above the R1100 entry fees.

That means the shirt costs you R50, as the rest is not worth it.

After 3 years of starting this thread, this was the original question I wanted answered :)