Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

How will it change after the open period?

The way I understand it is that after the open period, I will cancel the Insure App which has so far given me a pick every week for driving well (I am happy with my current insurance set-up).

I assume the weekly goals with celebrities will also fall away which leaves the weekly reward for reaching fitness goals.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was that not one of the weekly challenge rewards?

I think so.

So to clarify, once the Discovery Open is over, you can get 1 reward a week for achieving your fitness goal (if you're on Vitality) and 1 reward a week for achieving your drive goal (if you have Discovery Insure for your car). And maybe still 1 reward every few weeks for achieving consecutive goals (not sure if this one has changed).

How will it change after the open period?

It will also change from getting a notification about achieving your goal to getting a email asking if you are not interested in their insurance and if you would like a quote.

I converted 100 coins into R100 to spend at Woolies. The barcode on the Dicso app scanned fine, but was asked for a card to be scanned as well, but I don't know what card I need. Anyone know and can advise?

I converted 100 coins into R100 to spend at Woolies. The barcode on the Dicso app scanned fine, but was asked for a card to be scanned as well, but I don't know what card I need. Anyone know and can advise?

According to the app, the voucher is for Woolies cardholders, so you probably need a Woolies card.

Who hasn't received their points for the Amashova? Should be 1500 points for a race above 100Km, and counts towards the weekly VAR fitness points.

Next, will be... who hasn't received points for last weekend's race? Obviously I can't get as I didn't do the race, but it's also supposed to be automatically added as a Racetec-timed event. It's only the Trail run that needs to be submitted manually, but they haven't responded to any of my queries/mails (yet).

It's not that I need the points - getting to 900 per week is easy (VAR).

I've reached my limits, but that's a different program (Vitality Status point).

Just curious if we're now expected to claim online, of if the automatic submission by timing companies still works.

had to manually submit for Amashova points and the Carnival City Road race but got the MTB race points automatically... Seems a bit hit and miss to be honest.

Send them a mail complaining/explaining it was missed, as it is supposed to be done automatically.

Sent, and got the points, but no plays available. Now querying the play as well.

Sent, and got the points, but no plays available. Now querying the play as well.

That’s the problem, their system is failing or has failed. If you’re a Team Vitality member the next step might be to request the cash back for completing the event(s).

I have found i no longer drive enough to get the 100 km thing.

Perhaps they should give a reward if your average weekly trips are less than 100km and incident free, unless your premiums already benefit.

That’s the problem, their system is failing or has failed. If you’re a Team Vitality member the next step might be to request the cash back for completing the event(s).

They responded that they will give me the missing play next week, in addition to this last week's one. So good response from Discovery. But we'll see next week.

Still a bit annoying that we have to follow up with them on stuff that shoull be automatic from their side.

Will claim the points for the Tshwane classic tomorrow, just to be sure

Edited by JCA12

The points for this weekend's Mangaung Cycle Tour shows already, so perhaps they fixed whatever was broken. Also, weekly goal achieved so... rest week it is!

The points for this weekend's Mangaung Cycle Tour shows already, so perhaps they fixed whatever was broken. Also, weekly goal achieved so... rest week it is!

Yeah, I had the points for the Tshwane Classic on Sunday evening already. I was shocked.

Anyone notice that the R100 PnP voucher has been removed from the 100 points option?

Don't know if this was mentioned before.

Anyone notice that the R100 PnP voucher has been removed from the 100 points option?

Don't know if this was mentioned before.

Queried with Discovery, PNP did not renew contract.

Would have liked to see if one could have used those vouchers at the PnP bottle store...

Queried with Discovery, PNP did not renew contract.

Would have liked to see if one could have used those vouchers at the PnP bottle store...

Thanks Dogs and lol! That would have been very funny.