Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

Hi guys,

I obviously am late joining the party here. Will be signing up to Vitality soon and need a quick summary on what I need to know to get the most out of it.

I will link my Fenix 3 and get those benefits.

Adding PnP as my food outlet, we already eat healthy so should get something back from that.

Otherwise, any advise for a novice would be much appreciated.

It will be linked to a life and RA policy, but not a medical aid policy if that makes a difference........

Get your points as early as possible in the year; It's a major pain in the backside scrounging for points in December. Make sure you get to Gold ASAP, the amount for your life payback every 5 years is dependent on your Vitality status. If your spouse is joining, ensure that she makes her targets regularly as well; one person can't make it on his own anymore if you add more than one member on Vitality.

If you're going to use stuff like the flight booster, plan well ahead to make your flight bookings, your flight discount depends on the number of targets you make between the time you book the flight and the actual flight date.

Lastly, make sure you check up on Discovery!! I have found a number of mistakes over the year ranging from points not being allocated, paybacks not happening etc etc

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get your points as early as possible in the year; It's a major pain in the backside scrounging for points in December. Make sure you get to Gold ASAP, the amount for your life payback every 5 years is dependent on your Vitality status. If your spouse is joining, ensure that she makes her targets regularly as well; one person can't make it on his own anymore if you add more than one member on Vitality.

If you're going to use stuff like the flight booster, plan well ahead to make your flight bookings, your flight discount depends on the number of targets you make between the time you book the flight and the actual flight date.

Lastly, make sure you check up on Discovery!! I have found a number of mistakes over the year ranging from points not being allocated, paybacks not happening etc etc

This  :wacko:

I tried my flippen best, but my wife only contributed 12 000 points, so we will be 25 000 short, losing our Diamond status.

This  :wacko:

I tried my flippen best, but my wife only contributed 12 000 points, so we will be 25 000 short, losing our Diamond status.

I feel your pain... Try getting an 8 month pregnant woman to log activities... recipe for divorce I tell you. You can still make it though, go do the stupid assessments (Health assessment should be good for at least 15000 depending on her health statistics, fitness assessment can make up for missing activities up to a max of 30000 depending on her fitness level. Even if she's not fit at all, you will still get a lot of points)  

Don't let your Diamond status lapse, I did 3 years ago and have been cursing myself for it ever since. I am now 1000 points away from being Diamond again

Edited by Craai

I'm doing quite nicely out of the new system and its certainly better than two or three smoothies per week but...

Last week I got my fourth diamond and told the wife that although we could go and get the sound system we want from Incredible Connection, if I get one more diamond it pays for the flights to Dubai as part of next years planned holiday. This morning I get my 5th diamond only to find out the Dubai flights are gone as are the R2000 vouchers at Incredible Connection. The other flight and holiday packages kind of suck as they all involve spending more money to reap the rewards. But hey its not all bad for such a short period. 870 points and five diamonds. I think I have done OK.

Edited by @ndy

don't feel like reading up so asking here. Does my medical savings portion carry over to next year? I've got about half my savings still left from this year

don't feel like reading up so asking here. Does my medical savings portion carry over to next year? I've got about half my savings still left from this year

Depends on your plan, most of them do, but within limits.

Yes, it does. Only MSA, not above threshold benefits. 

No, it doesn't. And no, not within limits. Unused MSA carries over. Finish & Kla. We're talking Discovery here. 

Yup, I can confirm, mine has been rolling over seamlessly  every year since I joined

One more tip, when you shop at PNP, and you have some sweet stuff, pay that with cash.

Haha, we do this as well, me with Disco and Woolies card in hand with the healthy stuff, wife behind me with all the rubbish and cheque card. Amazing how it changes your healthy basket rating  :clap:

Edited by Craai

I'm doing quite nicely out of the new system and its certainly better than two or three smoothies per week but...

Last week I got my fourth diamond and told the wife that although we could go and get the sound system we want from Incredible Connection, if I get one more diamond it pays for the flights to Dubai as part of next years planned holiday. This morning I get my 5th diamond only to find out the Dubai flights are gone as are the R2000 vouchers at Incredible Connection. The other flight and holiday packages kind of suck as they all involve spending more money to reap the rewards. But hey its not all bad for such a short period. 870 points and five diamonds. I think I have done OK.

I did NOT see that coming....  :whistling:

seriously though, you've still done pretty well. good job!

Yup, I can confirm, mine has been rolling over seamlessly  every year since I joined

I never ever have anything left for "rolling" over to the next year because of my wife...lol  :ph34r:

This pick a tile game doesn't work for me.

The best tile that I've picked was 30 points, the rest have all been 25 points.

No diamonds ever !!!

Very nice. Real pity the Dubai flights are gone. Perhaps they noticed you're on diamond no.5 and quickly cancelled them.