Discovery Health - Vitality & Team Vitality plus everything else you need to know

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will a quick swipe still counts towards my 36 visits for the year? I get my points training outdoors. Just like to know I have my free gym membership for me and the wife and kids in case of a rainy day. Sometimes like to swim there.

I'm in the same boat points wise

think from now on lunch will be spent at the gym

swipes are for the occasional swim or to keep benefit

Will a quick swipe still counts towards my 36 visits for the year? I get my points training outdoors. Just like to know I have my free gym membership for me and the wife and kids in case of a rainy day. Sometimes like to swim there.

Just remember it's a rolling 12 months for the 36 now . Check on the app for gym swipes/visits

I'm trying to get all the facts for the vitality gym booster, but like most companies, VA wants to deal via the telephone, so in spite of the phone call, I have no idea what was said over the fuzzy line and getting the info emailed is too much to ask.

Can some of you please advise? I want to join a VA branch, just 1 because only singular branches qualify for vitality discounts from the pdf I read. The thing is, the shortest contract they offer is for 1 year and I won't be in this country for another year. Say I up and left in March, that means there will be 9 months left on the contract and thus 9 months worth of cancellation penalties? It sounds like the cancellation penalty is also subject to your qualifying vitality discount, right? So if the gym was R300 pm, that would be R1890 penalty after discount? Over the phone I heard something closer to R380 cancellation on a 8 month penalty, which didn't sound right.

I'm trying to get all the facts for the vitality gym booster, but like most companies, VA wants to deal via the telephone, so in spite of the phone call, I have no idea what was said over the fuzzy line and getting the info emailed is too much to ask.

Can some of you please advise? I want to join a VA branch, just 1 because only singular branches qualify for vitality discounts from the pdf I read. The thing is, the shortest contract they offer is for 1 year and I won't be in this country for another year. Say I up and left in March, that means there will be 9 months left on the contract and thus 9 months worth of cancellation penalties? It sounds like the cancellation penalty is also subject to your qualifying vitality discount, right? So if the gym was R300 pm, that would be R1890 penalty after discount? Over the phone I heard something closer to R380 cancellation on a 8 month penalty, which didn't sound right.

Yeah, I don't know how their contracts operate ito cancellations, but I think they must lock you in for a year and then after it's a month-to-month thing. You'd likely get a better answer from the Virgin guys themselves than Vitality. 

:huh:  just like that : apparently as from today, the IWatch can no longer be activated & linked to Vitality ? Can anyone verify this please ?

2019-01-17 : Device Support
As of the 18 January 2019 we will no longer support the below devices:

Tom Tom
iHealth
Misfit

Members who currently have the device linked to Vitality can continue to use the device to earn their points. These members will only be able to check if their device is linked on the Discovery website and not the on the Discovery app. Any attempts to link one of the above devices from the 18 January 2019 will be unsuccessful.

:huh:  just like that : apparently as from today, the IWatch can no longer be activated & linked to Vitality ? Can anyone verify this please ?

2019-01-17 : Device Support

As of the 18 January 2019 we will no longer support the below devices:

Tom Tom

iHealth

Misfit

Members who currently have the device linked to Vitality can continue to use the device to earn their points. These members will only be able to check if their device is linked on the Discovery website and not the on the Discovery app. Any attempts to link one of the above devices from the 18 January 2019 will be unsuccessful.

No, that's incorrect. 

iHealth is a 3rd party health metrics measuring / collation app  that you can download to your phone or watch, and fitness watch manufacturer (the iHealth Wave) It is NOT the same as Apple Health, which is what the watch and phone come with already loaded, and use for the Vitality program.

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

Cancelation is 40% of the remaining contract with virgin, which is subsidised by discovery, therefor its most likely that you will be paying 40% of the regular fee, forfeiting the vitality benefits.

Cancelation is 40% of the remaining contract with virgin, which is subsidised by discovery, therefor its most likely that you will be paying 40% of the regular fee, forfeiting the vitality benefits.

Jis... just makes it clearer that I need to see them, like mr Mayhem suggests, and get some numbers on paper. I'll go tonight and if it makes sense, report here in case anyone else was wondering.

Have been trying to join Team Vitality for 2019 without any luck on line . Keep getting an error.

Will go to the store this afternoon to see if it is easier there.

When submitting results for an event, what distance should one use if the actual event was shorter than it should have been? For example, Stellenbosch Cycle Tour was advertised as 102Km, with that number being on the the results page, but in reality it was a few hundred metres short of 100km. The difference means either 600 or 1500 points. Vitality can very easily check the actual distance via all the activity uploads that they have received, but will they hold you to that?

Can Diamonds be transferred to someone else if the person cancels her Vitality. My sister got 3 Diamonds and wants to cancel her Vitality, so I am hoping Vitality can transfer them to me. :ph34r:  :whistling:

When submitting results for an event, what distance should one use if the actual event was shorter than it should have been? For example, Stellenbosch Cycle Tour was advertised as 102Km, with that number being on the the results page, but in reality it was a few hundred metres short of 100km. The difference means either 600 or 1500 points. Vitality can very easily check the actual distance via all the activity uploads that they have received, but will they hold you to that?

They look at the official distance, if timed by Racetec they will take the distance indicated on Racetec.

Can Diamonds be transferred to someone else if the person cancels her Vitality. My sister got 3 Diamonds and wants to cancel her Vitality, so I am hoping Vitality can transfer them to me. :ph34r:  :whistling:

Ask yourself one question - would this be to your favour or Vitality's...?

I've clearly gone with the conspiracy theorists on this one... 

Ask yourself one question - would this be to your favour or Vitality's...?

I've clearly gone with the conspiracy theorists on this one... 

In Vitality's Favour. I will be a happy customer  :clap: