PPS: Can darts be classified as a sport SPORTS

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/062009/1244709959_drunken_darts.gif

Edited by BarHugger

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting....not surprised though. Again...you can't really sit in the middle with this one, you either support or don't. And not saying anything(when its your job to do so) also shows support imo. 

Its really up to the public(joe soap that makes these okes pro riders, pro journos, retailers, event organizers etc etc ) if they want to carry on supporting them.

They did their best to sweep it under the carpet while pretending to discuss it. 

They then had a feature which include Roel Paulissen and sung his praises. Ex doper, who came back to the EPIC a few weeks after his doping banned was lifted and then his EPIC partner gets bust. They had a feature on a local race and the new team Telkom and sung Nolan Hoffmans praises, ex doper. 

Are we surprised it continues? 

Altech team hired a doper and weeks after his ban was lifted went and race J2C, and have stated their target race for the year is J2C.

How many Ex Dopers get welcomed back with open arms bu sponsirs, fellow 'pros", race organisers and Fanboi's.

And we surprised it continues? 

The media needs to play their part in ostracizing these Dopers.

No coverage, no value.

No coverage, no value.

......and then the dopers get agro.........side-effects or something like that........

aece5ffa19ea048758f80f7db24f325e.gif

Mine is pretty high and I am average cyclist. Resting makes it higher and over training / racing makes it lower. Hence the biological passport can pick up when you are manipulating blood values. For example, with a hydrated cyclist the haematocrit cannot go up during the Tour de France without manipulation. It must go down.

I do get problems at night if it is too high. Feeling of palpitations and strong heart rate. But that is another story. I think if you had too high haematocrit and any problems with the heart electrical side at rest, then high haematocrit would make it worse.

The fundamental problem of cycling is that racing or training too much reduces red blood cells which affects aerobic performance.

And as you say - over time when riding multi day events it goes downwards.

So now go back to the 90's when there was no test for doping and the 50 level was the way they adjudged your fitness to ride.

Every day you boosted the level back to just below 50 and then rode the day like a new person. Add in the other stuff they were using and its like starting close to fresh.

So over a period of a grand tour the difference between the blood dopers and the non just become huge - hence the inability of anyone to stay even remotely close to the pace that wasn't on EPO as everyone was almost new the next day whilst they slowly had EPO levels drifting down.

The era from about 1998 to mid to late 2000's show that clearly on average speeds.

Now lest add this back to the local context of the Epic etc....

Edited by Paul Ruinaard

They did their best to sweep it under the carpet while pretending to discuss it. 

They then had a feature which include Roel Paulissen and sung his praises. Ex doper, who came back to the EPIC a few weeks after his doping banned was lifted and then his EPIC partner gets bust. They had a feature on a local race and the new team Telkom and sung Nolan Hoffmans praises, ex doper. 

Altech team hired a doper and weeks after his ban was lifted went and race J2C, and have stated their target race for the year is J2C.

How many Ex Dopers get welcomed back with open arms bu sponsirs, fellow 'pros", race organisers and Fanboi's.

And we surprised it continues? 

No coverage, no value.

Fully agree with you, was cringeworthy to watch. Maybe the time has some to face this issue head on and start speaking out instead of fannying about. 

Nope I'm not winding anyone up (although its Friday). Actual study conducted and published Australian Institute for Sport by Michael Ashenden and others. 

PS: Don't think there were any dart players included. 

PPS: Can darts be classified as a sport? 

Darts is dirty. Players are always throwing games... 

And let's not get started on chess...

Study of more than 12,000 samples of athletes from various disciplines revealed that 3,4% had a value of 50% or more. Weightlifting had 25.7% of athletes over 50%. Strange that.

Happy Friday everyone!! :clap:

I wonder how many of those 3.4% who were over 50 happened to be that high because they were doping?

I wonder how many of those 3.4% who were over 50 happened to be that high because they were doping?

Have always wondered how the 'outliers' to the rules were confirmed. I am sure there are some physioligical indicators though beyond just a high hematocrit that would indicate the legibility of it all. But I'm just guessing, would like to actually know

Have always wondered how the 'outliers' to the rules were confirmed. I am sure there are some physioligical indicators though beyond just a high hematocrit that would indicate the legibility of it all. But I'm just guessing, would like to actually know

Given the huge sample size and what we know about athletes and doping there must have been heaps of them on dope at the time they were tested.

They have to provide evidence from a doctor, exactly how it is determined I'm not sure. Maybe ask a doc to help us out? V12? 

They have to provide evidence from a doctor, exactly how it is determined I'm not sure. Maybe ask a doc to help us out? V12? 

Hope it's a water tight system (not just any doc etc)... else like with TUE's, there's no doubt a whole lot of abuse of that loophole too.

Surely you mean a doc or V12 ? :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :whistling: