Cycle Lab bullies need to be addressed

Baracuda

Must be a group mentality thing....was heading back home after an outride sometime back and a large group of MTB riders were occupying both tracks on the railway line service road....not one bothered moving as I approached so I just went off the road to get around them....its just how it goes I guess!!! Maybe it was the Cycle Lab MTB clan....?? :devil:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be a group mentality thing....was heading back home after an outride sometime back and a large group of MTB riders were occupying both tracks on the railway line service road....not one bothered moving as I approached so I just went off the road to get around them....its just how it goes I guess!!! Maybe it was the Cycle Lab MTB clan....?? :devil:

I see this with runners too. Happening more often now that they are ramping up their 2 Oceans and Comrades training. 

• 5 years later...
On 2/22/2016 at 12:34 PM, Patchelicious said:

You must be a Club100 agent!! :P

No, agree, I often see ALL of the larger groups riding like knobheads.

Just ride up to the marshal in the group, they wear yellow, and have a word. I have done so in the past and have been met with apologies and even wintessed them doing something about it.

The cycle lab bullies are at it again - we were riding in the cradle this morning when a large peloton of cycle lab guys, riding 4 abreast and taking up the whole road, started hurling abuse and swearing at riders telling them to get out the way and move over. Not one was riding in the cycle lane. Who is responsible for these groups? One day someone is going to get hurt !!!

4 hours ago, MeganD said:

The cycle lab bullies are at it again - we were riding in the cradle this morning when a large peloton of cycle lab guys, riding 4 abreast and taking up the whole road, started hurling abuse and swearing at riders telling them to get out the way and move over. Not one was riding in the cycle lane. Who is responsible for these groups? One day someone is going to get hurt !!!

Unfortunately I don't even think if they get hurt will it set in, they will most likely blame something else.

My issue with this behavior is they are p@ssing off the motorists making it more dangerous for the rest of us. And when they get mo@red they will be on here wanting help with finding their attacker. 

13 hours ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

Unfortunately I don't even think if they get hurt will it set in, they will most likely blame something else.

My issue with this behavior is they are p@ssing off the motorists making it more dangerous for the rest of us. And when they get mo@red they will be on here wanting help with finding their attacker.  

Or ask for a contribution towards their medical expenses.

23 hours ago, MeganD said:

Has anyone contacted Cyclelab themselves and asked for comment ?
Surely someone is answerable ?

This is where riding with a Go-Pro makes sense

I've often seen Cyclelab riding like they own the road, 4 abreast. 

I once moaned at one of their Marshall's from my car window as I was trying to for doing just that (4 abreast chatting away) and he looked at me like he didn't have a clue.

They use "Rescue" members who I believe to be Off Road Rescue, maybe I'm wrong, and a couple of weeks ago they had taken over the intersection at Lanseria without any regard to motorists when they were doing traffic control for Cyclelab. Typical Cyclelab.

Legally only someone registered as a Traffic Warden is allowed to conduct point duty ...

Time to vote with wallets and rather shop elsewhere....

6 minutes ago, love2fly said:

I've often seen Cyclelab riding like they own the road, 4 abreast. 

I once moaned at one of their Marshall's from my car window as I was trying to for doing just that (4 abreast chatting away) and he looked at me like he didn't have a clue.

They use "Rescue" members who I believe to be Off Road Rescue, maybe I'm wrong, and a couple of weeks ago they had taken over the intersection at Lanseria without any regard to motorists when they were doing traffic control for Cyclelab. Typical Cyclelab.

Legally only someone registered as a Traffic Warden is allowed to conduct point duty ...

Time to vote with wallets and rather shop elsewhere....

The Rescue guys are certified/qualified to direct traffic.

36 minutes ago, Frosty said:

The Rescue guys are certified/qualified to direct traffic.

I've been in that industry.....doesn't matter what you got, if you're not registered as a Traffic Warden, with JMPD for that area, you aren't legal....are they registered with JMPD? If ORRU are registered how come the Outsurance Pointsmen (who carry that card) do point duty at 947 and not the Rescue guys?

Edited by love2fly

Probably because Outsurance pay 947 organizers to be there where as the rescue chaps will charge to be there

9 minutes ago, 117 said:

Probably because Outsurance pay 947 organizers to be there where as the rescue chaps will charge to be there

Nope. 947 organisers pay the co that runs the Out Pointsmen project. And Rescue are at 947 also, Manning road closures and other services ...

1 hour ago, love2fly said:

If ORRU are registered how come the Outsurance Pointsmen (who carry that card) do point duty at 947 and not the Rescue guys?

The guys from ORRU will look after a set of intersections, like a sector controller, instead of just one.

1 hour ago, Dude Crush said:

Lol... hurling abuse at the road rangers, but happily accepts the 32,000 homeless people without a clue about road rules directing traffic at every intersection in Jhb. Gotta love moaning for the sake of moaning... :)

Id love to see the abuse and accepting homeless people doing point duty....talk about taking liberties! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

17 minutes ago, love2fly said:

Id love to see the abuse and accepting homeless people doing point duty....talk about taking liberties! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

What to do if you have an accident ? How do you explain to your insurance that the homeless dude said you could proceed through the intersection.  Nearly all drivers in PTA seem to obey the instructions of these dude's.