Get ready to enter for the 2017 Absa Cape Epic

News bot

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man i'm glad i did it when the entry was +/- R48k per team

That $5490 will get u a swiss epic "comfort" package of 7 nights in a 3star hotel, 7 x breakfast / dinner and luggage transport between race villages

And then you will still have +/- $1000 in change

That $5490 will get u a swiss epic "comfort" package of 7 nights in a 3star hotel, 7 x breakfast / dinner and luggage transport between race villages

That's frightening.... 

That $5490 will get u a swiss epic "comfort" package of 7 nights in a 3star hotel, 7 x breakfast / dinner and luggage transport between race villages

I rode the epic in in 2010 for the price of R25900 per team!

Unnecessarily expensive.

Cue gluvsmtb

If I was an international entry in 2017 I would feel ripped off with the cost of entry.

Don't see why overseas entries should be expected to pay more... it is going to be simply to expensive for your average non sponsored rider.

It's like they are trying to discourage private non sponsored riders across the board.

If I was an international entry in 2017 I would feel ripped off with the cost of entry.

Don't see why overseas entries should be expected to pay more... it is going to be simply to expensive for your average non sponsored rider.

It's like they are trying to discourage private non sponsored riders across the board.

It is like the Cape Town restaurants giving tourists a different menu with much higher prices. Shocking!!

perhaps the time has come to stop thinking of the epic as a ride for the masses. it is clearly no longer an amateur race - only sponsored riders can do this, which is very close to a professional outfit,

the thread comparing the epic to the tdf is very fitting in this regard.