News bot

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crikey guys (and gals)

The Epic is only 650km of riding for R50K+

The J2C is 900km of riding for less than R20K.

If you can't afford the Epic, stop being so bitter and enter one of the other, better value for money rides / races that abounds on the calendar.

And by the way, some of these "not worthy to ride celebs" you are bitching about, will ride rings around most of us, that "one kick wonder" in particular. JUST SAYING!!!!

lets not forget the freedom challenge, thats where ur hurt locker turns into a pain cave. 

Suurtiet for what reason?Did he refuse to give you an autograph or something?

:eek:  :w00t:  Bwhahahahaha :clap:

Crikey guys (and gals)

The Epic is only 650km of riding for R50K+

The J2C is 900km of riding for less than R20K.

If you can't afford the Epic, stop being so bitter and enter one of the other, better value for money rides / races that abounds on the calendar.

And by the way, some of these "not worthy to ride celebs" you are bitching about, will ride rings around most of us, that "one kick wonder" in particular. JUST SAYING!!!!

think u missing the point here, they dont have a problem with the celebs doing the epic its the fact that is free.... sponsored by company's the average guy in SA has been supporting for years.

lets be real, will u change ur bank as a result of seeing some SA celeb wearing their shirt or tweeting about them.... probably not.  

Cant see how they get a return on investment from this, rather dish them out to ur customers at a discounted rate, support those who have supported u. 

Edited by VicanZA

think u missing the point here, they dont have a problem with the celebs doing the epic its the fact that is free.... sponsored by company's the average guy in SA has been supporting for years.

lets be real, will u change ur bank as a result of seeing some SA celeb wearing their shirt or tweeting about them.... probably not.

Cant see how they get a return on investment from this, rather dish them out to ur customers at a discounted rate, support those who have supported u.

They get the association with the personality. They get to use them for events to attract their customers. They get to roll them out when it suits them. The senior management get to be all buddy buddy with them and tell their friends about it.

The corporate hospitality world in SA is completely over the top. Helicopter rides to Sun City for a days golf or weekends away hunting and drinking, all because we want your business and the best way to do that is not by product, but by relationship (corruption comes in many forms). How much better if we invite a "big" celeb along for the trip, especially a sports star.

They get the association with the personality. They get to use them for events to attract their customers. They get to roll them out when it suits them. The senior management get to be all buddy buddy with them and tell their friends about it.

The corporate hospitality world in SA is completely over the top. Helicopter rides to Sun City for a days golf or weekends away hunting and drinking, all because we want your business and the best way to do that is not by product, but by relationship (corruption comes in many forms). How much better if we invite a "big" celeb along for the trip, especially a sports star.

but most are past their sell by dates...

but most are past their sell by dates...

Apparently not as someone bought into them enough to pay for their Epic adventure

Apparently not as someone bought into them enough to pay for their Epic adventure

That explains the many DNF's

Edit:

Only 483 teams (out of 645 give or take) finished the shortest ever Cape Epic 2016

Edited by nathrix ® ©™

I work for an international company and lately we are not allowed to accept any 'gift' over 100Euros and even then it must be declared - have become seriously strict about it!

Yussis, you okes must be at work or something to make you all so farking GRUMPY this morning.

It's too commercial, it's all hype, it goes round in circles, it's expensive, it's not the TdeF...but most of us have it on our bucket lists, even if we won't admit it.

There are 1,000+ stage races to choose from in SA alone...you pays your money etc.etc. 

Lets not exaggerate now

I work for an international company and lately we are not allowed to accept any 'gift' over 100Euros and even then it must be declared - have become seriously strict about it!

The company I now work for does not allow us to accept anything at all, no exceptions. Not even a cup of coffee. Really quite refreshing. Also does not allow us to buy anything for a prospective customer, not dinner, coffee or anything.

The company I now work for does not allow us to accept anything at all, no exceptions. Not even a cup of coffee. Really quite refreshing. Also does not allow us to buy anything for a prospective customer, not dinner, coffee or anything.

My industry as well, though I can still wine and dine clients (if I like them that much... JK)

As for "gifts" from product providers - absolutely not. R 2,000 limit per brokerage per year, so most companies just don't bother anymore. 

That explains the many DNF's

Edit:

Only 483 teams (out of 645 give or take) finished the shortest ever Cape Epic 2016

You say shortest as if it should imply easiest?

and there  will only be one Cape Epic 2016.....ever  :whistling:

R300 limit to "gifts" for us, Above that it must be declared.

But a gifted Cape Epic entry i s ok because its got no influence over any decision I make unless its a supplier gifting the entry then it must be declared.

But ABSA gifting me an entry is fine....just saying......hint hint