SRAM introduces 12-speed Eagle drivetrains

News bot

Cannot wait for Shimano to go 1 x 12.  On the Di2, it is a simple software upgrade with new cluster and chain.  Bring it on, apparently soon, soon...

that's another reason I like the potential of going electronic. No more pull ratios, no more cables. Just a simple upgrade of software and the cassette / chain. FAR more cost effective. 

EDIT: If only it were cheaper. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.  Enjoy the KoolAid guys.  Hope it fills that void.

On that particular note, what anyone else chooses to do with their Rondt or Dollar, or what have you, is entirely up to them.

And, I want to paint his yoohoo gooooooold...

On that particular note, what anyone else chooses to do with their Rondt or Dollar, or what have you, is entirely up to them.

problem is that if the big spenders go large and always accept the spiraling costs as "acceptable" it just screws over the rest of us poor plebs who cringe at the price of a simple tube or entry level deore 10spd cassette (R790.00 BTW for a deore cassette with the updated pricing from shimano) ....... things are getting to a point where I am thinking to sell all the bikes and build up a rough and rugged do-it-all hardtail running (think Hungry Monkey or On-One 456 650b frame) as a SS with the option of using gears on occasion if the need arises.

My question is this:

Will Shimano react and also go that route, after doing so much for riders with the M8000 11speed series?

Or will they do what any sane industry would do and invest in creating an economy of scale, allowing a trickle down to SLX level 11 speed drivetrains? 

i think the fact that Shimano is still doing the 2x drive-trains is that they don't need to react.

They also have the electronic shifting...

don't forget Shimano 2x11 won the cape epic... :whistling:

i think the fact that Shimano is still doing the 2x drive-trains is that they don't need to react.

They also have the electronic shifting...

don't forget Shimano 2x11 won the cape epic... :whistling:

3x9 might be have done trick too  :whistling:

sigh those were the days.

3x9 might be have done trick too  :whistling:

sigh those were the days.

tell us then you 27.5" is it really fast than your 29"

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

tell us then you 27.5" is it really fast than your 29"

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

On the road/ spruit / marathon route...yebo....at hakahana, no

LOL

problem is that if the big spenders go large and always accept the spiraling costs as "acceptable" it just screws over the rest of us poor plebs who cringe at the price of a simple tube or entry level deore 10spd cassette (R790.00 BTW for a deore cassette with the updated pricing from shimano) ....... things are getting to a point where I am thinking to sell all the bikes and build up a rough and rugged do-it-all hardtail running (think Hungry Monkey or On-One 456 650b frame) as a SS with the option of using gears on occasion if the need arises.

I cant agree more...

steel SS....just as much fun as a state of the art tuperware with eagle brain ninja legend technology.

Currently have 3 mountain bikes in the garage...gun to my head, the SS will be the one I keep.

steel SS....just as much fun as a state of the art tuperware with eagle brain ninja legend technology.

Currently have 3 mountain bikes in the garage...gun to my head, the SS will be the one I keep.

daai's nou fynbrag...

post-8906-0-84502900-1459240198_thumb.jpg

except my bikes in house

Ja, this is where you conflate me expressing my disdain at the modern state of marketing lead manufacturing, and me telling anyone what to do with their money.  I only did one of those.  Want to guess which one?

Ja, this is where you conflate me expressing my disdain at the modern state of marketing lead manufacturing, and me telling anyone what to do with their money.  I only did one of those.  Want to guess which one?

Sorry that was a bit snide...

Why? No wires. No faff. No internal or external routing. A clean frame and bar setup. Bring it on.

AND - stronger shifts if it's anything like DI2 - that motor puts more force on the DR than the cable can for muddy/dirty conditions etc.