Dopers suck

fandacious

What?

A diuretic increases urine production.8

Why would you need to increase urine production for an inner ear problem?

Because you are taking the p1ss.. Edited by eddy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it used to treat high blood pressure if I remember correctly. HBP has an impact on the vestbular system no?

Correct, which is probably why the sanction was applied retroactively due to the implied TUE snafu.

Diuretics in general though are banned under the WADA code.

http://www.treadmtb.co.za/cape-epic-applies-lifetime-ban-after-csa-uci-sanction-on-de-villiers/

https://community.bikehub.co.za/features/_/news/yolande-de-villiers-sanctioned-for-anti-doping-rule-violation-r4094#commentsStart

Plus YDV's FB statement at the time.

"To all my friends:
I would like to provide an explanation to shed light on the predicament in which I find myself.

The penalty that I have received is for not seeking the necessary approval, prior to competition, for chronic blood pressure and oedema medication that had been prescribed for an existing medical condition. This medication is not performance enhancing. To the contrary it has a negative effect on performance and is not recommended for use by healthy individuals.

The chronic medication was prescribed by a long-standing medical practioner,Dr D. Welgemoed, familiar with my medical history. He is aware that Adco-Retic has an overall negative effect on endurance athletes, however, the treatment selection was informed by my pre-existing medical condition. He did not consider the medication as a violation of cycling's drug list, as it has no performance enhancing effect.

The mistake that I made was that I did not familiarize myself with the process of SAIDS and was not aware of the TUE process. Therefore, I did not submit the necessary request for use during competition to SAIDS for approval.

I would like to make it clear that:
* I always declared the use of Adco-Retic during drug tests, assuming that the declaration would be sufficient
* I never avoided or missed a drug test
* I have never being implicated in any drug violation- including blood testing
* I immediately applied for the TUE after being made aware that it is required for the medication that I had been prescribed
* I was open, honest and co-operative during the whole investigative process
* I have abstained from taking part in events when I was aware that the TUE process had been violated
* I now have sought medical advice and treatment in an attempt comply to SAIDS and WADA rules

Yours sincerely

Yolande de Villiers"

Edited by Danger Dassie

http://www.treadmtb.co.za/cape-epic-applies-lifetime-ban-after-csa-uci-sanction-on-de-villiers/

https://community.bikehub.co.za/features/_/news/yolande-de-villiers-sanctioned-for-anti-doping-rule-violation-r4094#commentsStart

"To all my friends:

I would like to provide an explanation to shed light on the predicament in which I find myself.

The penalty that I have received is for not seeking the necessary approval, prior to competition, for chronic blood pressure and oedema medication that had been prescribed for an existing medical condition. This medication is not performance enhancing. To the contrary it has a negative effect on performance and is not recommended for use by healthy individuals.

The chronic medication was prescribed by a long-standing medical practioner,Dr D. Welgemoed, familiar with my medical history. He is aware that Adco-Retic has an overall negative effect on endurance athletes, however, the treatment selection was informed by my pre-existing medical condition. He did not consider the medication as a violation of cycling's drug list, as it has no performance enhancing effect.

The mistake that I made was that I did not familiarize myself with the process of SAIDS and was not aware of the TUE process. Therefore, I did not submit the necessary request for use during competition to SAIDS for approval.

* I always declared the use of Adco-Retic during drug tests, assuming that the declaration would be sufficient

* I immediately applied for the TUE after being made aware that it is required for the medication that I had been prescribed

* I have abstained from taking part in events when I was aware that the TUE process had been violated

* I now have sought medical advice and treatment in an attempt comply to SAIDS and WADA rules

Yours sincerely

Yolande de Villiers"

May I point out that Lance never failed a drug test or missed one either? (post dated TUE excepted of course, although that is 100% legal)

"To all my friends:

Yours sincerely

Yolande de Villiers"

“The mistake that I made was that I did not familiarize myself with the process of SAIDS and was not aware of the TUE process.”

A seasoned pro that doesn’t know about TUEs? Even Oprah knew about TUEs at this time.

Which manufacturer? 

That would open a can of worms but easily enough to check which local manufacturer uses cyclist that have been previously banned in their advertising or sponsorship.

“The mistake that I made was that I did not familiarize myself with the process of SAIDS and was not aware of the TUE process.”

A seasoned pro that doesn’t know about TUEs? Even Oprah knew about TUEs at this time.

Even if you asked I guarantee you will never in a million years get a TUE for a diuretic.

May I point out that Lance never failed a drug test or missed one either? (post dated TUE excepted of course, although that is 100% legal)

he did miss a few tests but he had his chums at UCi and WADA cover him. He also wasn't co-operative with USADA, instead continued to buy, lie and fly his way around the allegations and mounting anecdotal evidence. Even he acknowledged this.

Anyone watched "The Move" lately? Last one I caught was LBL. Always brilliant insights

Might as well ask for a TUE for epo 

You can get one but I doubt you'll be in a state to compete

he did miss a few tests but he had his chums at UCi and WADA cover him. He also wasn't co-operative with USADA, instead continued to buy, lie and fly his way around the allegations and mounting anecdotal evidence. Even he acknowledged this.

Anyone watched "The Move" lately? Last one I caught was LBL. Always brilliant insights

May I point out that I'm a die hard Lance fan. Greatest TdF winner in history.

(Y'all remember I named my son after him...)