Dopers suck

fandacious

12 hours ago, Toasted marshmallows said:

Testosterone therapy( which she rates as bull**** )

Would be interested in an expansion on this.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, dave303e said:

Growth Hormones are legal in farming in SA. A lot of dairy farms use it. Remember the farmers are only getting R5-7 a litre for milk, so every litre counts. When it was tight the last few years a lot of the dairy farms had to do it to get production up to cover costs. Also this is not limited to non vegan options- auxin for soya is also fairly common. Like I said above, a lot of these substances you can walk into co-op and get the plant/animal version.

And beyond workplace. I know a few that were using it for junior MX back in the day, it was an easy one to get prescribed and get a TUE for. But it took fast kids and minimizes mistakes on the track.

University it was a big money maker, kids on it would not take it early in the semester and stockpile their prescription and kept a little for when they needed it around test weeks and exams. The rest they would sell around the test weeks and exams and they made a killing. Plenty of kids on 3 and 4 day study binges on the stuff. If they tested at university the way they test at sports, there would be fewer professionals graduating...

Junior? MX1 and MX2 SA champs some years back were abusing it like a water. 

1 hour ago, dave303e said:

Growth Hormones are legal in farming in SA. A lot of dairy farms use it. Remember the farmers are only getting R5-7 a litre for milk, so every litre counts. When it was tight the last few years a lot of the dairy farms had to do it to get production up to cover costs. Also this is not limited to non vegan options- auxin for soya is also fairly common. Like I said above, a lot of these substances you can walk into co-op and get the plant/animal version.

And beyond workplace. I know a few that were using it for junior MX back in the day, it was an easy one to get prescribed and get a TUE for. But it took fast kids and minimizes mistakes on the track.

University it was a big money maker, kids on it would not take it early in the semester and stockpile their prescription and kept a little for when they needed it around test weeks and exams. The rest they would sell around the test weeks and exams and they made a killing. Plenty of kids on 3 and 4 day study binges on the stuff. If they tested at university the way they test at sports, there would be fewer professionals graduating...

Damn !! where was this stuff when I was studying ... 🤪

Back then (1985 first year), the only thing we could exploit was Bioplus (caffeine) .... 🙈🤪😂

Edit:  For some it helped/worked, it only made me way too "jittery", not worth it.

Edited by TheoG

21 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Damn !! where was this stuff when I was studying ... 🤪

Back then (1985 first year), the only thing we could exploit was Bioplus (caffeine) .... 🙈🤪😂

Edit:  For some it helped/worked, it only made me way too "jittery", not worth it.

Snap, 1986 1st year!  Could have helped with 3rd year reactor design!!!

1 hour ago, mecheng89 said:

Ross Tucker's pod. Seems I got my Mexican foods mixed, my bad.

That is the Science of Sport pod

1 hour ago, dave303e said:

Ritalin and its generics are so easily prescribed that it might as well be sold over the counter like panado. 

On 8/2/2023 at 7:17 AM, Underachiever said:

Many kids on ritalin for school performance, and then studies....and then workplace????  Slippery slope

I was thinking about this on Saturday, Concerta is Prohibeted in Competition.  My son is on Concerta to help with focus on school work.  On Saturday we watched Jeppe Boys vs KES rugby, and I wondered how many of the boys would fail a drug test for Concerta, never mind anything else they may be taking (I don't remember any of my mates on the 1st rugby team being as big as those boys on the field on Saturday).  

https://runningmagazine.ca/the-scene/south-africas-fastest-sprinter-receives-six-year-doping-ban/

South Africa’s fastest sprinter receives six-year doping ban

On Friday, the South African 100m record holder, Carina Horn, received a six-year ban from all track and field competitions due to her second doping offense in the last four years. The Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) confirmed that Horn tested positive for clenbuterol, a prohibited substance, at a track meeting in Spain in June 2022.

Both Horn’s A and B samples tested positive for clenbuterol, a steroid known for enhancing athletic performance by increasing the body’s metabolic rate. This marks her second doping violation after a previous suspension in September 2019 for testing positive for ibutamoren and ligandrol. Horn proclaimed her supplements were contaminated, which led to a reduced suspension of two years instead of a potential four-year ban.

1 hour ago, babse said:

Contaminated supplement...damn I hate it when that happens.

🙄

Either I'm that crap a cyclist (more than likely) and don't feel any benefit or else I've never hit the 'luck' of getting a 'contaminated' tin of anything and I've been through quite a few in my time 🤔

On 7/28/2023 at 9:45 AM, fanievb said:

👆 👆 👆 👆 👆 👆

Really disappointed to see Albie Nel and Doug Lang on the list. Well known vets on the Gauteng MTB circuit. 

“SA 100m record holder Carina Horn handed six-year doping ban

Horn could return to action in 2029 at the age of 40, but her elite career has effectively been shut down.

According to the Athletics Integrity Unit (AIU) established by global body World Athletics in an attempt to clean up the sport, national 100m record holder Horn had tested positive for the prohibited substance Clenbuterol at a track meeting in Spain in June 2022.

Horn, who made history in 2018 when she clocked 10.98 to become the first South African woman to dip under 11 seconds in the 100m sprint, was suspended in September 2019 after testing positive for two banned substances.

‌Claiming that her supplements had been contaminated, Horn was able to have a potential four-year ban reduced to a two-year ban at the time.

🤦

https://www.citizen.co.za/sport/carina-horn-six-year-doping-ban/

Edited by mikkelz

15 hours ago, babse said:

Contaminated supplement...damn I hate it when that happens.

🙄

nooooit bru, what i'd give for a contaminated supplement....Who can hook me up??? All these okes just performing by accident makes me want to get in on the accidental action

I always end up with the clean stuff

On 8/1/2023 at 4:06 PM, fanievb said:

I took some when I broke my collarbone, and I can definitely say that I was not able to ride a bike after taking the prescribed dosage.

I was prescribed Tramadol after gallbladder removal and hernia repair, I puked my lungs out until they stopped giving it to me....