Dopers suck

fandacious

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/17/2021 at 2:40 PM, Andymann said:

Talking of the Race to the Sun ladies results, the Ladies winning time was just over 14mins behind the Men's winning time.  That's bloody good going - I hope it's a sign that our Ladies are upping the standard of their racing.  When my Wife used to race for a ladies pro team a few years back it always came down to draft off the men and then try and win at the end in a sprint....

I rode this race for the first time last year and the ladies are NOT allowed to take a wheel at all. I offered one up to a lady that was being dropped from the front group and she looked around like there were cameras around. She did say thanks but no thanks. We’re strictly enforced by race Marshall’s and like clockwork some motorcycles with marshalls came through 

I suppose mechanical doping is allowed in this thread. I went to watch the Steak Race in PE. There was a woman on an eBike riding in the lead bunch. A little later when they were about 20km from the end, she was dropped from the lead bunch (but still right up there with the lead riders) and a guy was riding in her tow. He was without a doubt getting an advantage from her. 

45 minutes ago, Eugene said:

I suppose mechanical doping is allowed in this thread. I went to watch the Steak Race in PE. There was a woman on an eBike riding in the lead bunch. A little later when they were about 20km from the end, she was dropped from the lead bunch (but still right up there with the lead riders) and a guy was riding in her tow. He was without a doubt getting an advantage from her. 

Clearly there was lots at steak (stake) for her to stay in the front bunch. 

2 hours ago, Eugene said:

shouldn't be any ebikes in the elite bunch in the first place.

13 minutes ago, Ozzie NL said:

Not worried about PEDs ... as long as they allow the recreational stuff ... Nothing like a bunch of berms and jumps on pilletjies

Total of seven people attended, while it might seem to be a lekker joke, there are real world consequences towards people’s livelihoods.

Runner’s World Editor’s Races Under Scrutiny

Did she or didn't she?

Kate is a trusted member of the running media community, and is regularly flown abroad by clothing brands for articles and publicity in her capacity as a journalist. On account of her photograph of Eliud Kipchoge at the start line, it appears she was also a VIP at the 2023 event. This degree of access and privilege in the running community, particularly around an event as coveted as the London Marathon, should come with a high degree of respect and integrity. If these anomalies are what they seem to be, Kate’s behaviour regarding her results is unethical and completely at odds with the tenets of journalism, and with running at every level.

21 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Total of seven people attended, while it might seem to be a lekker joke, there are real world consequences towards people’s livelihoods.

In other words the whole of the SA pro peleton?  😁

On 1/18/2024 at 3:10 PM, mecheng89 said:

Has anyone seen what Tiger Woods looks like these days? Isn't golf officially an Olympic sport? If USADA haven't been knocking yet, it blows my mind as to why not.

Dude is a UNIT.

With all his injuries and surgeries I’m not surprised he’s taking something to help recover to a competitive level again..