Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the things I have made this has been the most fun( built the first one with my daughter) the upgrade can take 50 + marbles at a time...and boy do the kids love it [emoji3]

the marble maize...lots of different length pvc sprag (makes a cool noise when marble rolls in it)

You wanna keep kids or grandkids entertained

749708214db8b173cde7137a5bcfb92e.jpg

Edited by isetech

So do you think I can find a supplier that stocks a plane iron (blade) for a Stanley #6 plane in Southern Africa. Stupendous price if and when available but not anytime soon.

Normal blade is 2" wide and one for a #6 is 2 3/8" wide.

And the exchange rate is not helping.

Any info on hand tool suppliers in Britain like the CRC for hand tools?

Try importitall - I've been lucky there sometimes with spares.

Thanx only 2" Stanley otherwise a Hock blade at R1200 (or not)

Thanx only 2" Stanley otherwise a Hock blade at R1200 (or not)

I bought myself a cheap cheap plane from makro the 2 weeks ago. It is a Topline make. Not sure if you would be interested in trying a replacement blade from them. I dont even know if you do get replacements.

https://www.makro.co.za/diy/topline-no-3-jack-plane-285909EA

Maybe you could even CNC a new blade, but costs would probably be stupendous!

Balau has to be one of the most weather proof timbers out there, I made an outdoor stair case from thick planks, its doing fine +10 years. That's the thing with most outdoor carpentry, looks great for a few seasons then goes south. My experience anyway ( a few deck attempts, Maranti, Saligna).

Edited by kosmonooit

2c0f1f3328310a95ffa8275b80e44871.jpg

Put 2 of these together in the week as a thank you to one of our service providers.

Made entirely from off cut Meranti strips that we laminated. A bit of sanding to do in the morning, and then Woodoc. Should have made one for myself while we were at it...

2c0f1f3328310a95ffa8275b80e44871.jpg

Put 2 of these together in the week as a thank you to one of our service providers.

Made entirely from off cut Meranti strips that we laminated. A bit of sanding to do in the morning, and then Woodoc. Should have made one for myself while we were at it...

very very nice!

what do you use this for?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTQzWDgwMA==/z/yv4AAOSwt7pXNOf0/$_20.JPG?set_id=8800005007

what do you use this for?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTQzWDgwMA==/z/yv4AAOSwt7pXNOf0/$_20.JPG?set_id=8800005007

My dad has a few of those.... used for planing curved edges - takes some skill to use well.

Shaping tight curves. Basically just a small plane.

Not used much these days since the advent of Routers, was an important tool of the trade years back.