Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

Just make sure you drill the correct size holes if you want those.  They are 3/4" (19.05 mm).  My bench has 20 mm holes, so none on the USA / Canadian bench dogs will work on my bench.

EDIT:  Sorry, I see Veritas does supply 19.81 mm ones as well (for 20mm holes).  Lee Valley sells them.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=70682&cat=1,43838,70865&ap=1

http://www.leevalley.com/us/garden/page.aspx?p=71185&cat=1,41637

Good call that. I am going to be using a 19mm MAD bit to drill them and it always nibbles a bit more out so will probably be closer to 19.5mm when its all done. Was partly to accommodate for the 19mm dowels I plugged the top with and partly because I knew it was fairly close to the 3/4" standard.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so we are as far as we can go, now it's the tiler and plumber who needs to do their bit. Just some varnish on Saturday.49c27f67cc4f65b569d0e0c0f4036ef1.jpgc28bb3168c581bbcbcf896891c13b9ea.jpgd417ab309c7e79d182805dc96a2bf31a.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

If you are finishing that ramp for a wheelchair - add some fine silica sand (used pool filter sand or sandpit sand) in the varnish - gives much better traction in the wet - both for the chair and for anybody who might be pushing - you can either throw it on lightly when it's still wet, or add it in the varnish - not sure which is better, although I can see that it might mean a lot of stirring to keep it in suspension if you add it into the pot.

I say this because I have dealt with several dislocated shoulders of wheelchair pushers who slipped on wet ramps/floors over the years.

If you are finishing that ramp for a wheelchair - add some fine silica sand (used pool filter sand or sandpit sand) in the varnish - gives much better traction in the wet - both for the chair and for anybody who might be pushing - you can either throw it on lightly when it's still wet, or add it in the varnish - not sure which is better, although I can see that it might mean a lot of stirring to keep it in suspension if you add it into the pot.

I say this because I have dealt with several dislocated shoulders of wheelchair pushers who slipped on wet ramps/floors over the years.

Highly reccomended

I have done this with stoeps and outside stairs that get wet.Used roof paint with fine builders white sand stirred in.It stays in suspension for a long time.Throwing it on the top it weathers off pretty quickly.

Anyone able to do this?cd7fce6e87bd97c294fd265c1940593b.jpg

Oh goodness..... That's pretty. Also pretty easy, given time and the right tools and budget.

Search for Nathan Heyns Cabinet Maker on FB. Bloody good work.

He did the var and shop installation/manufacture for Rosetta roastery in Obz

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Anyone able to do this?cd7fce6e87bd97c294fd265c1940593b.jpg

Le Turbo is your man down in the WC...super talented hubber that doesn't post enough on here, send him a PM.

What you want done is easily achieved with a lathe for all the handles and then some bandsaw work on the rest

in hindsight brushing the concrete with a broom, when still wet would have allowed for a non-slip surface

in hindsight brushing the concrete with a broom, when still wet would have allowed for a non-slip surface

Just add some sand to your paint, but yes would have done the trick too.

Le Turbo is your man down in the WC...super talented hubber that doesn't post enough on here, send him a PM.

What you want done is easily achieved with a lathe for all the handles and then some bandsaw work on the rest[/

Edited by NateChat

That we've done[emoji106]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

What you want done is easily achieved with a lathe for all the handles and then some bandsaw work on the rest

+1 for Le Turbo. He's kind of to woodwork what Bogus is to paining bikes.

Edited by DJR

faed83bb7aa02544b6a8b08152a28b92.jpg

Some timber we were planing today, before ripping it into strips, I was not happy that we had to rip these nice wide planks (they average 285mm wide) to 50mm strips. 10 Cubes of White Oak, beautiful planks!

That's a lot of wood into small widths. What are you making?