Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last years project.

Camping kitchen box. The idea is to load the box on the bakkie / suv. When stopping at your destination your kitchen is set up by just flipping down the lid that doubles as a working space / table. Everything has a place including some water so you can build a coffee in a few minutes. Might change the design slightly if I build a next one but I turned out very useful the last few camping trips.

post-8603-0-49329300-1468914422_thumb.jpg

post-8603-0-99913400-1468914422_thumb.jpg

On my list of "to do".

Wood strip canoe. Redbird 17'6''

Got as far as buying the plans after owning the book for 20 years!! Needs a lot of space and long western red cedar boards, not that easy to locate in SA.

PM davetapson, he built one, see around pages 1 - 6

So i never cracked the nod from the big bosses to go with to the PG Bison tour  :thumbdown:

Anyway seems they are reintoducing the Melowood Super Gloss range to combat the Chinese imports at pretty much the same price as the imports.

The major difference in this range is that it is Heat and water resistant and marketed at Kitchen and cabinet makers.

My CFO really enjoyed telling me all about it earlier. Sucks to be a pleb. 

So i never cracked the nod from the big bosses to go with to the PG Bison tour  :thumbdown:

Anyway seems they are reintoducing the Melowood Super Gloss range to combat the Chinese imports at pretty much the same price as the imports.

The major difference in this range is that it is Heat and water resistant and marketed at Kitchen and cabinet makers.

So Bison is using decent glues again in other words....

The polyurethane hot coating system is something to see, in a dustless enclosure off coarse. 

So, when can we see this with a plywood core?  Today I again reminded myself why I hate chipboard with a passion as I chucked the remnants of a stuffed up by moisture cupboard on my trailer.

Ok, so I changed my mind a little over the design of my new mallet, went with this instead. Works a treat.

attachicon.gif00000000.jpg

Ed, where can I ship yours"

You might be onto something there,...