65yrs starting 4A 22nd argus

age 48 starting 5G 5th Argus/CTCT

Edited by Dubbin

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is going to apply for the PPA group?  It seems that they realised that not all interested are of the same level, with a 2J & 5C Group split

50 years and 10 months

Index 67.27

Stellies Tour 2016

4C

You will probably already have downed a few cold ones by the time that I hit Smits.  :blush:

He likes his iced mochas, lol. Did my substitution yesterday. Been back on   bike since late December after almost 2 yrs. 1st CTCT and 3 Argus CT. Have to wait till subs close to get my start time. Probably a very, late, start

Edited by Cippo

1J

15th Argus

Seeding index of 25 with a 5 penalty on CT'16

I'm quite peeved. I can't be the only one that only races summer season, peaks at Argus time every year and gets stuffed in the seeding :cursing:

If I miss my sub3 I'll be forced to use two angry faces in my next post! :blush:

I can already hear the whining from my brother.

He did a 2:48 from F group in 94.7 and I did a 3:48 (on a dikwiel) from one of the open groups.

He did a 3:19 Argus last year and I did a 3:39.

He is in group 2E (7:05)  and I am in 2J (7:17) :oops:

He is going to be sooo miserable :cursing:

Thing is I posted better times for all my races in 2016. Yet they demoted me by one group. OK, the Beta's were different, but still... However I will not asked to be reseeded for a FUN EVENT, what's the point? Also, there is the matter of that hot girl form EL at Value Logistics that is seeded in the same group as me....... again. 

Thing is I posted better times for all my races in 2016. Yet they demoted me by one group. OK, the Beta's were different, but still... However I will not asked to be reseeded for a FUN EVENT, what's the point? Also, there is the matter of that hot girl form EL at Value Logistics that is seeded in the same group as me....... again. 

Pictures or she doesn't exist :whistling:

He did a 2:48 from F group in 94.7 and I did a 3:48 (on a dikwiel) from one of the open groups.

He is in group 2E (7:05)  and I am in 2J (7:17) :oops:

I think your brother has reason to whine:

I did a 2h57(9 minutes slower than him) in the 947 form Group F and I got a seeding of 24.## with 1H starting at 6:41. :huh:

Something doesn't compute...

Hi

Please let me know if anyone is looking for an Argus entry, I am looking at substituting mine .

Looking to

Regards

Dean

He is in group 2E (7:05) and I am in 2J (7:17) :oops:

He should query that. It doesn't look right at all.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

1J

15th Argus

Seeding index of 25 with a 5 penalty on CT'16

I'm quite peeved. I can't be the only one that only races summer season, peaks at Argus time every year and gets stuffed in the seeding :cursing:

If I miss my sub3 I'll be forced to use two angry faces in my next post! :blush:

You better start adding as many angry faces as you can. A sub 3 from 1J is about as likely as you shagging Charlize Theron. Possible, But not probable.

I can't recall a sub 3 ever being done from the 10th seeded group. Excluding elites and vets and tandems as start groups.

Riding to work on this perfect morning, I'm in a bit of a philosophical mood.........and I started thinking a little about why I still LOVE riding the Argus every year.

This is my 12th one coming up, and I know many a guy who did more. We all keep on coming back for more. I got tired of other races. A few Wines to Whales.....and I felt that it was time to move on. A Sani or so, and I felt like new stomping grounds.

But the Argus is different. Every year I get properly excited. Every time I get goosebumps in the starting chutes. Every climb up Chappies has me grinning. Every year I get a thrill from the crowd up Wynberg Hill. Every time I wait in anticipation for the cool patch at Misty Cliffs. I know the route so well, I can even tell you where the glass splinters on the left edge will be. Still it feels fantastically new every year!

Why?

Riding to work on this perfect morning, I'm in a bit of a philosophical mood.........and I started thinking a little about why I still LOVE riding the Argus every year.

Can't believe it will only be my 2nd one.

The first one I borrowed a road bike. I'd never even swung a leg over a roadie bike. Set the seat height and off I went. The wind was HOWLING!!! By the time I got to Smits my arse was so sore I couldn't sit on the saddle. But my legs were cramping so I couldn't stand & crank.

Coming up Chappies was... Um... Challenging. Coming down chappies was no better coz of the wind. Suikerbossie was next level agony. My legs cramped so hard I thought my femur was going to break.

This year I'm hoping for less butt pain

Edited by Duane_Bosch