Quintana....TDF loser...or future winner?

buzzboxsa

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had high hopes for Quintana, but he was seriously disappointing. Unless he changes his mindset he will never win the TdF.

He was so boring that he even made Froome look exciting. And that takes some doing..

I don't think Nairo will win a tour with the tactics him and his team attempted this year as well as last year.

Team Sky's setup is way to strong for the Alejandro-Quintana trick to work.

The only way he will win a tour as it happens like 3 years ago and all the favourites crash out in the first week. I cant see him dominating it at all.

I can't wait for 3-4 years from now when Yates and Meintjies has full team support for GC and they slug it out in the mountains. The future is bright indeed!!!

I think it was more a metal game , froome was always on the front and always looked strong

Even that cheecky dummie attack , he had an all-expenses paid 3-week vacation in quintana's head.

Maybe quintana just was not strong enough.....but I seriously think Froome played an excellent mental game

Edited by BaGearA

We didn't see the same Quintana this year. Something was off. He can definitely climb with the best, but there was no aggression. He'll have to work in hi TT skills if he want to win though. 

Quintana came 3rd in the TdF - even in a world of little respect, asking if he is a 'loser', at best, shows a lack of perspective.

....unless you subscribe to the Rickey-Bobby school of sports analysis.

Edited by Joe Low

Yates: 23 yrs old

Main cheese: 24 yrs old

Quintana: 26 yrs old

Froome: 31

Spot the one that won the Giro 2 years ago... when he was 24. 

Quintana has been talked about as a GC rider (and has been a GC winner) since he was 23 and Yates / Louis / Bardet are all 'future' talents. 

Don't worry, he'll win and he'll win big. 

Yates: 23 yrs old

Main cheese: 24 yrs old

Quintana: 26 yrs old

Froome: 31

Spot the one that won the Giro 2 years ago... when he was 24. 

Quintana has been talked about as a GC rider (and has been a GC winner) since he was 23 and Yates / Louis / Bardet are all 'future' talents. 

Don't worry, he'll win and he'll win big. 

Not in Movistar.

Not in Movistar.

That's not just a Movistar issue. No team what so ever in the WT has come close to rivalling Sky in any of the recent TdF editions. You'd have to say Movistar & Quintana have been the best as he's been in 2nd place a couple of time. What team would be better at the moment? 

Edited by hellocolour

I was hoping to see Quintana do well but I think he is not as tactically smart as Froome and definately does not have the TT skills. The TT will separate the guys more than the mountains. I thought Teejay van Gaaderen was poor as BMC made him joint captain with Porte and Porte even with a crash where he lost almost 2 minutes early on was way better than him. I can definately see Yates moving to Sky in 2-3 years time and taking over the mantle from Froome.

Quinata failed hopelessly. I can't see him doing better than a podium.

However IMO, someone who has serious potential challenging Sky is our very own Meintjies.

Now give that man a better team and we'll see a Pure African wearing yellow!  :thumbup:

Edited by X-Man