Jetline Action Photos

JeffD

Morning,

Random question but how many people buy Jetline Action Photos?

I've just looked at my Trailseeker #3 photos & there is nothing "action" about them. 1 photo at the start & 2 on dirt roads. In the past I've never purchased a photo either, my choice, there were a couple of good ones.

These photos aren't cheap, in my opinion, either.

Is business good for them?

I'm in no way affiliated to them or competition. I'm just curious to what others think.

Cheers,

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely too expensive & generally too boring photos to buy regularly.

But every now and then I would buy one as a memento (as halfdoesyn said) - that one time I did the Sani, the one time I flew to Joburg to ride the 94.7 with my brother, my one sub3 Argus - nice to have photo memories of that. 

I recently had a look at getting some pictures from them, I think it was the last time you could get picks from this years Argus. The price was reduced but in my opinion still to expensive. Especially considering that I wanted to download the pics.

I would have thought that the business model would be much more effective to lower the price for downloading pictures. At lease the volume of sales would increase which would make up for the reduce fee. Furthermore you would have happy customers that would go a long way towards future sales.

I recently had a look at getting some pictures from them, I think it was the last time you could get picks from this years Argus. The price was reduced but in my opinion still to expensive. Especially considering that I wanted to download the pics.

I would have thought that the business model would be much more effective to lower the price for downloading pictures. At lease the volume of sales would increase which would make up for the reduce fee. Furthermore you would have happy customers that would go a long way towards future sales.

I agree. A friend approached them with this suggestion and they weren't interested at all!

For the price they charge for 8 Photos, You might as well buy a cheap "mik and druk" camera at Makro and take 100 selfies during the race.

I can already see the Friday Fightclub thread on the hub of guys taking selfies in the A bunch.

nothing really special about their photo's, they just stand and click away which doesn't justify their prices.

If they took more time in producing quality, then I would happily pay it. Nice action shots, panning, use of slow shutter etc would be much better.

I've bought from them.  They are pricey but they are mementos of a race with your racing partner at the time.

Look, these are probably the only photos your grandkids will ever see of you cycling because stuff that's stored digitally invariably over time goes missing, drives get stolen or corrupted, password gets lost, format / software changes, you change jobs...

I have PLENTY photos from them when they where still portrait place but since they became action photo the prices just got hectic and I have maybe 1 or 2.

Rika from CYCLE NATION is at the start of majority of the Joburg races and she takes sooooooo many pictures that are uploaded onto their site THE SAME DAY(like once or twice they where a bit late) and when I get to work on Monday after the race I am able to download her pictures FOR FREE. RIKA/CYCLE NATION FTW.

• 2 years later...

Necro post but these guys should be called Jetline Boring Photos. Its ridiculous how poor their pics are. Some pretty interesting things happen on MTB races and pretty much all these guys seem to produce is yet another boring pic of someone pedalling a bike. Now and again one their guys tries a bit and gets something half decent but mostly its the exception, not the rule. Really weird, especially when you consider that their photo pack isn't terribly cheap. Mostly just not worth it. They could easily sell so much more by putting just a little more effort into things.

So so expensive for what you get.

Had another place called instapix do one of our local events, pictures were half the cost and was even surprised by an envelope in the post with hard copies of the pictures too. Jetline need to learn from companies like this.

Had one or two nice shots taken at Berg and Bush this last week but I can’t seem to bring myself to pay close to R100 for a digital copy of a picture.