Bonus

Here is another angle of the crash, you can clearly see that Sagan was at fault!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EDCSzKSx660/Udzclj65tVI/AAAAAAAAEx0/bhIY2BpmFFc/s1600/mark_cavendish_crashes_tom_veelers_in_2013_tdf_stage_10_sprint_finish-63642.gif

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another angle of the crash, you can clearly see that Sagan was at fault!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EDCSzKSx660/Udzclj65tVI/AAAAAAAAEx0/bhIY2BpmFFc/s1600/mark_cavendish_crashes_tom_veelers_in_2013_tdf_stage_10_sprint_finish-63642.gif

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That Rainbow jersey must be magnetic, with the ability to change polarity at will!

I would like Dimension Date to do good in the tour and maybe take a few stage wins, however I think that will be hard now. What did bother me a bit, and I see nobody made a remark about that, is the fact that Mark could  not stay on the 2 man lead out to the sprint. About 300m to go he dropped and the DD lead out did not see it. Few years back Marks lead outs were perfect.

I think that last kick in the road caught Cav out and he did not have the legs to stay with his lead. Is Cav not in the form he was or did his lead go to hard to early (which I doubt)? 

Ok, my final point and then I will let fanboys lay.

Look closely at the second last pic, you can clearly see no gap between Cav and Demare, Cav was following him, having chosen the correct wheel from the start. Sagan is noticing demare coming past and starts to move over.

Last pic, notice that the front wheels of Sagan and Cav are in the same line! Sagan knew Cav was there, there is no way Cav could have ridden "into the back' of Sagan. Sagan saw that Cav had the correct wheel and wanted the wheel, he tried forcing Cav off of it. 

Don't lie to yourself. People are seeing what they want to see because they love Sagan. just because he is likable, he can be reckless and get away with it, because 'he would never do that', 'he has done so much for the sport'.

Sounds like the same excuses used for Armstrong.

I like Sagan, but dont make him a GOD that is incapable of doing wrong.

Degrading those with opposing opinions to try and discredit them is a bit not cool...?

Some people can be supporters and still have rational and logical opinions....

I see Bora-Hansgrohe have appealed the ejection of Sagan. Wonder if it was the director Sportif, or the marketing team that lodged the appeal...

I feel sorry for Dimension Data and Mark Cavendish.

Edited by DA\/ID

What I can clearly see is that the guy in white changed directions directly into the path of Sagan if that is him. Watch the guy in white cross the line.....

And Demare. .no penalty for him?.. he may not have directly caused the crash but he sure did start a ripple effect.

His ride was either erratic or skilful depending how you look at it. He threaded the eye of a needle and no one went down. I think he was down right crazy but we've seen almost all riders surf wheels and jump from one train to another to get a win. 

In other conspiracy news let's not forget that the UCI and ASO are still in an almighty turf war at the moment so maybe sending home one of the stars of the race could be a good FU to them. 

The overhead spoken of earlier.. here you see Cav already starting to lean in

db7b1d4a3b4b71704c9aacf0991ed17d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

He is leaning in to protect his line.... when you know there is going to be an impact you lean in to brace for the impact... same as rugby and soccer players do when the tackle is about to happen!

I would like Dimension Date to do good in the tour and maybe take a few stage wins, however I think that will be hard now. What did bother me a bit, and I see nobody made a remark about that, is the fact that Mark could  not stay on the 2 man lead out to the sprint. About 300m to go he dropped and the DD lead out did not see it. Few years back Marks lead outs were perfect.

I think that last kick in the road caught Cav out and he did not have the legs to stay with his lead. Is Cav not in the form he was or did his lead go to hard to early (which I doubt)? 

I also noticed that it appears as if they dropped him but according to his statement everything was up to plan until he crashed:

"I’m obviously massively disappointed to get this news about the fracture. The team was incredible today. They executed to perfection what we wanted to do this morning. I feel I was in a good position to win and to lose that and even having to leave the Tour, a race I’ve built my whole career around, is really sad. I wish the best of luck to my teammates for the rest of the race. Now, I’m looking forward to watching the race on TV, seeing the team fly the flag high for South Africa and raise awareness for Qhubeka"  

Some amateur footage has emerged showing the crash from the other side.

CreamyConfusedEkaltadeta-size_restricted

A flik like thay deserves a triple PK - one from each faller!

I see Bora-Hansgrohe have appealed the ejection of Sagan. Wonder if it was the director Sportif, or the marketing team that lodged the appeal...

It was the coalition of TdF advertisers

It was the coalition of TdF advertisers

They are going to take a day or two just to cancel all their pre planned facebook posts, instagram and twitter posts.