Built or Fiberglass Swimming Pool

Vetseun

I have some cash that I don't want to spent on prostitutes and whiskey.

If I decide to have a swimming pool installed at my house, what is better ?

Fiber Glass

Cement ( Built Pool)

Shot 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fiber Glass

Cement ( Built Pool)

Shot 

if anything...and if you could....a reed pool...an excellent project and much more appealing than a chlorine guzzling pool

I have a small pool that is quite maintainable and I hate the blerry thing..we use it for a max of 2 months a year..

Honestly, rather spend the moola on prostitutes & whiskey.....

this, you will get a lot more pleasure from it.

if you really want a pool try build a natural pool as Stretch mentioned you will save tons on chemicals in the long run.

fibreglass is vol stories maar hou langer want dit vlek nie soos marbelite of chiptile nie en dit kraak nie so maklik nie (veral met BFN noord se klei)

I think it all depends....on what type of whiskey and where you get the working ladies. Try to go to a classy joint and single malt whiskeys are usually a win.

if you really want a pool try build a natural pool as Stretch mentioned you will save tons on chemicals in the long run.

they also make much better garden features if you really want a pool. My uncle in law built one at his BnB in Addo

http://www.lovetostay.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Rosedale-Organic-Farm-BB_2.jpg

He had some work.....

Personally - I would build a sauna..... but if you must have a pool then a small cement one = with a HARD cover you can put a table and chairs on in winter

That is the route I will be going, make it a multi function area.

I have had both and to be honest, use my pool almost every day, except the really cold winter months.

Build it, those fibreglass pools are very difficult to get 100% right and if you don't you'll have loads of problems. Get a surface skimmer and a neutral floater with a kreepy and you'll do very little hands on maintenance at all.

I swim in summer, twice a day at least and in winter, maybe just a quick soak after heavy exercise. You'll k@k off with the winter thing, but it beats having to ice the legs after a long run...

Fiber Glass

Cement ( Built Pool)

Shot 

you need another bike, surely? plus everyone is going bedonnered over water restrictions, so pools are like last years orange anyway

you need another bike, surely? plus everyone is going bedonnered over water restrictions, so pools are like last years orange anyway

They make a really useful water storage tank for when municipal water is off....

I have hooked up a pipe to one of my roof gutters over the entertainment area next to the pool - so it's full after the last weeks rain, now I need to find a way to use the backwash water to water the garden with - better than nothing I guess.