CWC - Not disapointed anymore. Warranty claim.

BernardG

Thank you for warning me in a way. I was about to purchase a pair of these from chain reaction:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/shimano-dura-ace-9000-c24-clincher-wheelset/rp-prod85476

But did note that in the reviews, that they are either brilliant or rubbish with little in between. There are many reviews by parties that bought to have same issues as you or worse. There may be a serious issue with the manufacturing consistency on these.

I see a recall coming, unless shimano can't isolate the underlying issue

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

I really feel for him. How is one supposed to build a business and grow it when you need to deal with each issue personally.

Must be tough being the boss and not be able to appoint competent people to do what needs to be done. Oh no wait...

Hi all. Marnitz here. I am the Manager here at CWC. I am replying on behalf of Chris (without his consent) but thought its important to say that he is not aware of this thread as he is currently doing Wines2Wales.

Ill personally make sure that he responds to Bernard on Monday.

Thank you all for your loyal support

Kind regards

Marnitz Aucamp

Hi all. Marnitz here. I am the Manager here at CWC. I am replying on behalf of Chris (without his consent) but thought its important to say that he is not aware of this thread as he is currently doing Wines2Wales.

Kind regards

Marnitz Aucamp

Thank you Marnitz. I appreciate the response and look forward to talking on Monday.

Kind regards

Marnitz Aucamp

He might not be aware of this thread but the chances are likely that he was aware of the OP's complaint before W2W unless you (the manager) or the sales guys did not tell him :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

According to the OP - " I took it back to CWC for a warranty claim but they said it's normal wear and tear and thus not a warranty claim. I went back again and they said they will come back to me, but I have not hear anything again. (I even went back for a 3rd time)"

Don't even know why they have a contact us section on their site. They don't bother replying neither coming back to you when you order stuff from them in store.

I've had feedback from them, but it's not reliable. Hit and miss really. Rather not bother - at least there's no expectation raised and no consumer frustration...

Based on CWC's popularity, I broke down and against my better judgement, made some online purchases.

Was very dissapointed with the outcome and won't be a future customer.

Would much rather get in my car and drive to my LBS.

Running a shop perhaps. Otherwise the next complaint will be from a Hubber who went to the shop and the staff were all staring at their screens.

Could also be that the thread has been spotted and before they reply they just want to get all their ducks in a row by checking who was involved where and based on what a call was made.

On a busy Friday time flies in a bike shop. 

Nothing quite like the credibility of a post defending your biggest advertiser.

Without any facts but lots of assumptions.

Maybe this sort of thread is best left to flow it's course rather than jumping to the defence of CWC and creating the impression that they piss eau de cologne.

Turns out no one is busy running a bike shop on a Friday but are busy riding their bikes. Which is TOTALLY acceptable.

How about just simply waiting 'till Monday to allow the 2 parties to talk, as per previous posts, before jumping to conclusions/making further assumptions?

OP was in shop 3 times. Still not sorted. No assumptions.

Pics show clear warranty issues. Not sorted. No assumptions.

OP being very civil about all of this from what has been posted here.

That's all that this thread has really been about.

Edited by Patchelicious

OP was in shop 3 times. Still not sorted. No assumptions.

Pics show clear warranty issues. Not sorted. No assumptions.

OP being very civil about all of this form what has been posted here.

That's all that this thread has really been about.

I absolutely agree with all of this. I'm just saying that as Marnitz inducates that Chris would phone the OP on Monday, one should perhaps wait 'till after that discussion took place

I agree with the OP, and that the damage is in no way wear and tear (see my previous comments).

Hi Hubber, Chris Jnr here

Man o man, never nice seeing a thread like this, especially if you know it's your own fault!

One of my salesman did bring this situation under my attention, and i spoke to Marc (our local rep from coolheat) on Wednesday, and was supposed to send their warranty department images of the wheels on Thursday!

I COMPLETELY FORGOT!!!

Guess i was so nervous and distracted getting all my goods ready for wines2whales, but this is NO excuse!!!

I can only say sorry, this is no ones fault except MINE!!

Regarding all the rest of the issues..... i promise we'll work on it so we can make your shopping experience only better!

I really appreciate all the positive and negative responses, it can only help to improve our business!

Bernard, i'll sort u out tomorrow, and because of my SLOW REACTION IN SORTING THIS OUT....... 2 x CONTINENTAL GP4000 on the house for you!!!

Have a great evening all...... time to put some ice on these wounded legs!!!!

I absolutely agree with all of this. I'm just saying that as Marnitz inducates that Chris would phone the OP on Monday, one should perhaps wait 'till after that discussion took place

I agree with the OP, and that the damage is in no way wear and tear (see my previous comments).

I share your view on "Let them talk and see what's the outcome".

What amuses me is that the store manager has to escalate this to Oom Chris for him to respond. The STORE MANAGER? Can't make a decision?

What amuses me is that the store manager has to escalate this to Oom Chris for him to respond. The STORE MANAGER? Can't make a decision?

Because this entire thread created the expectation that Chris Wilemse snr should deal with this. Edited by Longbarn Killer

Agree. Who knows what their 'internal arrangements' are...