The Classics

'Dale

"Winning the Tour of Flanders in the rainbow jersey is a dream come true... I cannot think about 'Roubaix just yet... I am a little forked after today... one of the hardest races I'v ever done..."

- The Rainbow Jersey (3 x winner RvV, Mathieu van der Poel)

Pic: @UCI_cycling

IMG_6407.jpeg

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will we have rain in northern France this weekend and will there be a muddy Paris-Roubaix in 2024? Can the Danish champ honour his broken Belgian teammate and bring some glory back to the team bus next weekend. Lidl-Trek Women sure did yesterday with a 1 and 3 on the podium. 

The 56T on this Trektor, eish.

Pic: @roleurmagazinespacer.png

Edited by 'Dale

Lots of rain until about Thursday in northern France. There will be mud, grime and slippery cobblestones. Unfortunately, former winner Lizzie Deignan crashed out and broke a bone. Lotto Kopecky is very determined to take this win, as expressed in a recent interview, as she has won RvV. 

The Women's Ronde was the race of the year for me, followed closely by the beautiful chess on two wheels played by Mads & Company at Gent-Wevelgem. Sunday was met with sideways rain, a rainbow jersey in white bibs, a very resilient Nieuwadoma, and the excellent tactical masterclass by the Italian Champ and her teammates. 

Longo Borghini ('Lamborghini') won the race about 10 years ago and dedicate this victory to her new coach who believed in her to come back strong.

Meanwhile, somewhere in EuroLand at altitude, Giro preparations continue.

Pic: Top Ganna on Instagram

Image-42.png

Edited by 'Dale

Not classic related but another serious crash for Jonas and Remco in Itzulia Basque country.

Thats after Roglic hit the deck hard yesterday.

Eish...