Hubber BDF down on Hendrik Potgieter

Formallyknownas

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As with many hubbers we meet,friendship is inevitable.  

Bryne and I became friends after he'd asked for a VG show around.

This lead to many chats and much advice (from him to me) about many things.

I still can't believe I'm typing this.

RIP Bryne :(

post-6012-0-54818600-1480312876_thumb.jpg

RIP Bryne,

Only had limited interaction with him via the Classifieds of The Hub -  a true gentleman, loved his sport, loved his family.

Having had the same experience as you in meeting and interacting with Bryne, I echo your sentiments. An absolutely stand-up guy, that's how he'll be remembered.

This is terribly sad :(

I am not one who really posts on the condolances threads because I hardly "know" the folk who move on.

But there is just something here that seems to have touched a nerve.

Thank you for taking the time to post. I imagine it cannot be easy. To BDF, it was while doing the thing you enjoyed most. To the family, all the best and much strength during this difficult time.

Definitely touched a nerve. A Life in (South) Africa is worth nothing it seems.

Tragic loss, RIP BDF.

Edited by Lighthouse

WOW...I passed the scene on Saturday morning. we had to stop to let the police van park. I saw his wife on scene - recognize her in the pic...I too live in Strubens Valley and rode that section 2 weeks ago to go to the cradle....this accident has affected me - I would be lying if I said otherwise. I had my two young boys in the car and they saw the bike (what was left of it) and it affected them too - as I ride to work - rode to work this morning - with this on my mind. 

I am one of those people who believe that if your number comes up then that is it - but it doesn't mean I am heartless...

I truly want to send my condolences to the family. And in some respects I suppose (and please don't take this the wrong way) his wife got some form of closure by being at the scene and not getting a phone call from the morgue later that evening. My sister in law is a paramedic and says this is something that can help the healing process for those left behind.

What gets me really angry is the fact that the vehicle that hit him had a bike rack on the back...how and what was the driver doing that he lost control so badly and at what speed? that section of road is a bad spot - count the crosses, but the speed limit is 90 and lets face it, even with cameras et al it will not change the mindset of people...