Anyone using Zwift?

I was using Zwift...but also tried Rouvy (which has really improved lately and is cheaper). Rouvy has won out for me.

I enjoy the real (video'ed) scenarios (not CGI). I downloaded them onto my PC/Laptop so they don't chew up data every time I ride. More folk using it and enjoy the competing against the other riders whether its a 12km sprint or a 78km long ride.

So no, not using Zwift anymore.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tour of Watopia starts on March 9th and will literally be every hour of the day and each stage is up for about 5 days.

Have a look on Zwift Companion but make sure you check the TOW filter.

2 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

entered it at the start of hard lockdown (remember that?) and did 2 staged IIRC, entered the last opportunity for the 3rd and got hit with a bug that had me going up the Zwift KOM @~150kmh. downhill was around 240 and i was standing next to the trainer swearing at technology... that was a bummer.

And you took the win??🤣

47 minutes ago, RobbyB said:

I was using Zwift...but also tried Rouvy (which has really improved lately and is cheaper). Rouvy has won out for me.

I enjoy the real (video'ed) scenarios (not CGI). I downloaded them onto my PC/Laptop so they don't chew up data every time I ride. More folk using it and enjoy the competing against the other riders whether its a 12km sprint or a 78km long ride.

So no, not using Zwift anymore.

Same here - but switched to FulGaz. Yearly subscription and allows for an extra rider FOR FREE. So me and wife rides on one subscription. Tons of 4k Routes. Linked PC to a TV - BEAUTIFUL

Edited by pedal menace

4 hours ago, pedal menace said:

Quick Question: I have been away from Zwift for a while (found it to repetitive and boring).

I only use Zwift for interval training and copy the (custom) workouts to the workout folder, and then just pick a course and ride it.

Majority of the workouts are in resistance mode, rather than ERG; or using the BIAS setting to drop/raise the target power depending on how I feel on the day.

Rouvy has a similar option (lower/raise effort), but Zwift just works so much better with the companion app.

So I find myself switching between the two depending on the type of workout and if I'm doing it with another group, eg. BaseCamp (Tim Cusick) has similar types of rides, so I might join them them for the workout if it's similar to mine (3x15m sweet spot intervals).

On 1/10/2022 at 5:16 PM, Sitting@89 said:

open to any suggestions, would just like to get some traction on the idea, maybe one in the morning (Wednesdays) and one in the evening (obviously Mondays) pretty sure if it takes off we can schedule more rides.

Would South Africans not in SA be allowed? 

On 3/2/2022 at 12:22 PM, Rob K said:

Tour of Watopia starts on March 9th and will literally be every hour of the day and each stage is up for about 5 days.

Have a look on Zwift Companion but make sure you check the TOW filter.

Double XP is all I want, really. Not so much a badge hunter, but am keen for the Tron bike. 

Do all your “workouts” on AdZ and you’ll get the Tron bike in no time. Plus you climb at the workout speed and not real speed.

12 hours ago, BigDL said:

Would South Africans not in SA be allowed? 

Never really got much traction on the idea, just joined already existing groups. 

• 3 weeks later...

Morning all.

Anyone use Ciovita's Indoor bib? Need to replace some of my "indoor use" bibs and am looking for some quality stuff.

I know another company called NoPinz also does "IDT" bibs. 

I have a set of the Ciovita indoor bibs (the blue ones). Decent qualify for sure and breathe very well. The chamois is the same as the Corsa bibs and shorts. The sizing seems a touch smaller and tighter than their regular bibs. However, I tend to just wear a pair of Ciovita shorts for my workouts. They've held up very well to daily use

Edited by thebob

I also have a Ciovita indoor bib (the black one) and as mentioned by thebob, the sizing is a bietjie small but quality is good

On 3/2/2022 at 12:21 PM, RobbyB said:

For me Zwift is unquestionably a better overall product but there's 3 of us in the house that ride. $15 for 3 family members makes Rouvy the winner for us.

Come winter time When the trainer comes out we'll probably be on RGT tho. I'm just hoping they free up a few more workouts before then.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

On 3/3/2022 at 1:26 PM, mecheng89 said:

Double XP is all I want, really. Not so much a badge hunter, but am keen for the Tron bike. 

Is the tron bike not unlocked by climbing 50 000m? (Not XP related) Make sure the climbing challenge is selected though...

42 minutes ago, W@nted said:

Is the tron bike not unlocked by climbing 50 000m? (Not XP related) Make sure the climbing challenge is selected though...

Correct. But I'm saying that my main goal is the Tron bike, secondary being the double XP. Is the ToW over yet?

I dumped Zwift in a frothy rage after one too many connections failures and dropped Ant+ devices. I now use SYSTM (Wahoo users get a 75d trial) and after a few months, the focused training is what I'm after. Training plans are curated and seem to target the requested outcome. It has racing footage which is fun and I find it more motivational than Zwift. Paid annually, it's cheaper too.

but since this is about Zwift, it's a fine platform if you know what the strengths and limitations are.