Anyone using Zwift?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, thebob said:

The PRL Full, Uber Pretzel etc. scare the living heck out of me

All the longer ones are still pending for me. My legs went on strike half-way up the Alpe the one time I tried Four Horsemen. Not sure I care enough about some badges to do that (or worse) to myself again

Four Hoursement

Mega & Uber Pretzel

PRL half & Full

Ven Top still eludes me. ( Hopefully it france happens over a weekend when it's really cold)

I have kicked the idea about to do Bikehub badgehunter meetups. 

Edited by RocknRolla

One of the new maps done.

wanted to switch to a MTB during the ride, but that is something I still need to master.

With the trainer on 95% difficulty it was fun. But I still have a lot to explore. One month in and a new map is making choices tricky  

91A61F04-BB2D-4B97-85B2-F8AE9EBF6517.png

16 minutes ago, Cois said:

wanted to switch to a MTB during the ride, but that is something I still need to master.

With the trainer on 95% difficulty it was fun. But I still have a lot to explore. One month in and a new map is making choices tricky  

So awesome to see you racking up the miles mnr!

I'd suggest signing up to zwifthub.com - you'll be able to track all your badges here - it's a bit of a manual process but it makes tracking all your Zwift achievements much easier.

3 hours ago, RocknRolla said:

Four Hoursement

Mega & Uber Pretzel

PRL half & Full

Ven Top still eludes me. ( Hopefully it france happens over a weekend when it's really cold)

I have kicked the idea about to do Bikehub badgehunter meetups. 

If you're ever feeling energetic on a Sunday - let me know and I'll gladly attempt one of these with you.

Ven Top kicked my butt during the TOW but it's done! I have no desire to ride it again - for me it's like Suikerbosrand.. been there, done that, hated every minute.

15 hours ago, Cois said:

Press A while you're riding, then the Devices screen comes up. Naturally, close the screen, go to Menu, pick you new frame.

From what I've read so far, Canyon Grail  the fastest on the dirt sections. 

22 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Press A while you're riding, then the Devices screen comes up. Naturally, close the screen, go to Menu, pick you new frame.

From what I've read so far, Canyon Grail  the fastest on the dirt sections. 

Yup, pressing 'A' brings up the pairing screen and causes your avatar to hit the brakes (you can only change bikes when you are at a standstill). Then you can hit 'T' to bring up the garage, select your new frame, then start pedaling immediately (even before you close the window) to get going again.

Unless they've changed things the gravel bike will always be slower than the MTB on dirt. Things night even out on a mixed course but mostly there is no good reason to use a gravel bike

1 hour ago, Schmorglebot said:

Yup, pressing 'A' brings up the pairing screen and causes your avatar to hit the brakes (you can only change bikes when you are at a standstill). Then you can hit 'T' to bring up the garage, select your new frame, then start pedaling immediately (even before you close the window) to get going again.

Unless they've changed things the gravel bike will always be slower than the MTB on dirt. Things night even out on a mixed course but mostly there is no good reason to use a gravel bike

Zwiftinsider does a "steady wattage" test to compare bikes on Zwift. His tweet from yesterday:

Kappa Quest Laps at steady 300w

Tron: 17:05

Trek Supercalibre: 16:55

Canyon Grail: 16:49

2 hours ago, RocknRolla said:

Zwiftinsider does a "steady wattage" test to compare bikes on Zwift. His tweet from yesterday:

Kappa Quest Laps at steady 300w

Tron: 17:05

Trek Supercalibre: 16:55

Canyon Grail: 16:49

Well I'll be damned! Gravel bike owners rejoice!

Forgot to update my credit card details after the 2nd attempt in less than two months where people tried to clone my cards and buy a crap load of junk from Apple and Amazon.

So my trail ran out yesterday and still waiting for ABSA to fix a few things on my cards and accounts, so reverted to another application…

It was so boring I could not last 15km on it. 
So will try to sort ABSA out tomorrow morning to pay my subscription.

Ride on!

20 minutes ago, Chadvdw67 said:

So I have just bought myself an IDT, finally, is their any tips/advice you guys can share with me before I start my journey?

Try a few different programs to see what you prefer (and works with your setup), most have a trial period.
And have a good fan.

What trainer did you get? Using PC, ipad, Apple TV?

10 hours ago, HdB said:

Try a few different programs to see what you prefer (and works with your setup), most have a trial period.
And have a good fan.

What trainer did you get? Using PC, ipad, Apple TV?

I got an Elite TUO (Toaster), I will either be using my phone mirrored onto the TV or a laptop

Edited by Chadvdw67

Quick question to all you Zwifters with Kickrs, I have recently(today) started using Zwift and I have lots of Trainer disconnections, any suggestions? I am going to try a ANt+ extension tonight.