Anyone using Zwift?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, cadenceblur said:

I'm giving Fulgaz a shot, scenery looks great and there a few local rides also available.

Did the Full Cape Town Cycle Route the other day  - was brutal (107km)! Just set your streaming quality accordingly if you do not pre download your routes. For 4k streaming you need good band width - and a 4K device(screen). 

15 minutes ago, pedal menace said:

Did the Full Cape Town Cycle Route the other day  - was brutal (107km)! Just set your streaming quality accordingly if you do not pre download your routes. For 4k streaming you need good band width - and a 4K device(screen). 

I did the first 1/3, start to Simon's town, and it hurt. 

Did you set yours to STEADY/REACTIVE/COMPETITION? 

10 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

I did the first 1/3, start to Simon's town, and it hurt. 

Did you set yours to STEADY/REACTIVE/COMPETITION? 

I always ride reactive. I want the video to adapt to my riding speed and I like to see how I ride in comparison to the person that took the video (i.e. If I ride @ 1.2 I know I am faster than the rider). I have used challenge(competition) a few times to ride against myself (previous rides) or other riders but found the loading times to find other rider's time a bit too slow. I also use the bike computer instead of the OSD - just prefer that layout. I run my FulGaz on an Apple TV 4k AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY!  Much cheaper than a computer and its 4K. 

15 hours ago, ChrisF said:

The big positive with Zwift is its month to month subscription option.  The 25km free per month is also handy.

During the wet Cape winter I pay Zwift with a smile.

Rest of the year I use those free kilometers a few times.

Top freeloader tip from me. To make best use of those free 25kms do your rides on the Ventoux. I managed 3 free workouts using that method last month.

I'm paying for Zwift from this month till probably August. Doing a little program to keep myself committed.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

57 minutes ago, pedal menace said:

I always ride reactive. I want the video to adapt to my riding speed and I like to see how I ride in comparison to the person that took the video (i.e. If I ride @ 1.2 I know I am faster than the rider). I have used challenge(competition) a few times to ride against myself (previous rides) or other riders but found the loading times to find other rider's time a bit too slow. I also use the bike computer instead of the OSD - just prefer that layout. I run my FulGaz on an Apple TV 4k AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY!  Much cheaper than a computer and its 4K. 

That's my set up as well, have a wired connection so I shouldn't have any issues with the streaming I hope!

2 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Top freeloader tip from me. To make best use of those free 25kms do your rides on the Ventoux. I managed 3 free workouts using that method last month.

I'm paying for Zwift from this month till probably August. Doing a little program to keep myself committed.

Also, do all ERG-based workouts, on the AdZ climb. The workout remains as per plan, but the elevation gain helps getting that Tron bike.

8 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Also, do all ERG-based workouts, on the AdZ climb. The workout remains as per plan, but the elevation gain helps getting that Tron bike.

is the best one the ADZ climb or the Ventoux one?

9 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Not sure, saw the tip about workouts on AdZ mentioned on another forum. I don't use Zwift that much, so wouldn't know.

Would claim it as my idea, but that would be... um, you know the answer.

37 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

The normal Road To Sky has 10mins of "Dead Time" until you reach the incline. 

I've got a special route I do if I ride between 30mins and 50mins to maximize elevation: I start on Road To Sky, but do an immediate u-turn and then keep right at the first intersection. This takes you up the EPIC REVERSE KOM climb within a minute of starting, there is an additional section at the top where you turn right to get another steep section until the elevation runs out. It feels like the best elevation gain for time spent on the bike in that 30mins-50mins slot. 

If I know I'm doing a ride of longer than an hour, then Road to Sky is my poison as I want to win those Meilensteins in the Lottery at the top of Alpe De Zwift.

48 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

if you want to save your KM's I'd suggest Ventoux, that thing is a monster

23 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

The normal Road To Sky has 10mins of "Dead Time" until you reach the incline. 

I've got a special route I do if I ride between 30mins and 50mins to maximize elevation: I start on Road To Sky, but do an immediate u-turn and then keep right at the first intersection. This takes you up the EPIC REVERSE KOM climb within a minute of starting, there is an additional section at the top where you turn right to get another steep section until the elevation runs out. It feels like the best elevation gain for time spent on the bike in that 30mins-50mins slot. 

If I know I'm doing a ride of longer than an hour, then Road to Sky is my poison as I want to win those Meilensteins in the Lottery at the top of Alpe De Zwift.

I won those at my second attempt. I was elated. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Just thought I'd share, I unlocked the Zwift Concept Bike last night! 

Next milestone - 100 miler jersey. 

Congrats! For the 100 mile kit, join a double draft group ride/event and you'll be done in 4 hours. Just have plenty of fluids on hand haha!