Anyone using Zwift?

13 hours ago, shaper said:

As you like to try all the apps out there, you heard of mywoosh https://mywhoosh.com/ ? Zwift alternative, UAE based, ride in the deserts, many routes and races on a Friday from what i can see. Currently free to use. https://my-whoosh.com/faq, read on some forums no longer works on android and only on IOS.

Not tested it myself as not on IOS and no longer have a smart trainer. 

May be of interest to some, so posting it here as it seems to be well under the radar....

Looks pretty tidy. I'm on PC so I can't test it. But someone on here please give it a go and report back.

I do think Zwift could do with a little competition. The offering is great but the pricing is prohibitive for me and my little family.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Looks pretty tidy. I'm on PC so I can't test it. But someone on here please give it a go and report back.

I do think Zwift could do with a little competition. The offering is great but the pricing is prohibitive for me and my little family.

Here a review of mywoosh.  you will also see in the comments that android seems to have problem working 

Nice. Total Zwift clone but that's not such a bad thing is it? It's really not bad for a beta which let's be honest is what it is. Hopefully they get a fully operational version going before they run out of money and compete with Zwift. If the pricing isn't stupid and they can do a pc version I might look at it.

For now I'm gonna stick to Rouvy. But that is 100% because of pricing. I think Zwift is still the clear leader in the space

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Soooo. As reported last week you can link an AR video from Rouvy's library to a workout. 

I did a Rouvy workout on Friday. it was an hour and a bit workout. The route I chose was a Ventoux climb. So in the hour I figured I'd "cover" 12-14km and do about 500-600m of fake elevation. Give or take.

The stats that came out were 30ish something km and no elevation. so basically it was just the video playback from the route matched to the power I was pushing out. Certainly a step in the right direction but for workouts matched to video the winner for me is still Sufferfest.

On 9/27/2021 at 12:43 PM, Paul Ruinaard said:

Seems like there is a culture of Devops/Agile at Zwift where they roll out updates really quickly and let you test them to find the faults. So you turn your users in to beta testers and then monitor the feedback for things that are broken, which si a much quicker way to find faults than lengthy testing schedules. 

It is the more common way of software development for a number of years now. It's called "infinite Beta" 

A good model if you want to be first to market, with constant "improvements" some of which work well, others that fade into obscurity. 

Infinite Beta is a good way to implement new practices in my line of business as well.  Engaged customer feedback is very important though.

Just now, RocknRolla said:

It is the more common way of software development for a number of years now. It's called "infinite Beta" 

A good model if you want to be first to market, with constant "improvements" some of which work well, others that fade into obscurity. 

Infinite Beta is a good way to implement new practices in my line of business as well.  Engaged customer feedback is very important though.

They broke it bad last week - looks like its fixed now but most Macbooks with a GPU were off Zwift for a bit with some pissed off customers. me included.

7 minutes ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

They broke it bad last week - looks like its fixed now but most Macbooks with a GPU were off Zwift for a bit with some pissed off customers. me included.

So, good customer engagement and feedback then, LOL 

7 minutes ago, RocknRolla said:

So, good customer engagement and feedback then, LOL 

Yep i get it - work fast and break things as a mantra. Things like security, data integrity, privary ????

Anyone been having Zwift issues lately? I'm getting stuck at the login screen and the game refuses to load. This actually started last week already, did an update just a few minutes ago, but nothing got solved.

3 hours ago, mecheng89 said:

Anyone been having Zwift issues lately? I'm getting stuck at the login screen and the game refuses to load. This actually started last week already, did an update just a few minutes ago, but nothing got solved.

I found that this happens to me periodically...

I found that using a VPN usually sorts this out. You can use the free version of Proton VPN if you don't have one already ????

• 1 month later...

Okayyyyy .... the curse of electronics .... "upgrades" ...

Zwift gave me a (not so) nice message today: "Your running a version of Windows which will be unsupported by Zwift after the January 1.21 game update.  Please upgrade to Windows 10 or later".

I use an old Intel NUC pc with Windows 8.1 to run Zwift.  It was an entry level NUC, hoping it does not grind to a halt with Win10 ....

Will obviously give Win10 a go, but just doing some homework.

What other options are there for either PC or Android to run Zwift ?  If using a tablet, how do you display this onto a computer screen ?

7 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

If using a tablet, how do you display this onto a computer screen ?

Not sure about to a computer screen, but casting from my tablet to a Hisense smart TV was easy enough. I think it is possible to mirror the tablet or phone screen to your PC, but that adds an app on the tablet and PC.

19 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Okayyyyy .... the curse of electronics .... "upgrades" ...

Zwift gave me a (not so) nice message today: "Your running a version of Windows which will be unsupported by Zwift after the January 1.21 game update.  Please upgrade to Windows 10 or later".

I use an old Intel NUC pc with Windows 8.1 to run Zwift.  It was an entry level NUC, hoping it does not grind to a halt with Win10 ....

Will obviously give Win10 a go, but just doing some homework.

What other options are there for either PC or Android to run Zwift ?  If using a tablet, how do you display this onto a computer screen ?

Have you considered upgrading the SSD in your NUC? Relatively cheap upgrade that increases performance quite a bit!

17 minutes ago, JohanDiv said:

Have you considered upgrading the SSD in your NUC? Relatively cheap upgrade that increases performance quite a bit!

Can I do that with a grinder and welder .....

Will speak to a friend that does these things for me.  THANKS :thumbup:  Let's hope there is stock ...

The size of the NUC is just so nice and comfortable for this application.  

49 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Can I do that with a grinder and welder .....

Will speak to a friend that does these things for me.  THANKS :thumbup:  Let's hope there is stock ...

The size of the NUC is just so nice and comfortable for this application.  

I'd deff go the SSD or M.2 route (if the device supports it) and perhaps consider upping the RAM if its got less than 16Gb of RAM.

My lil NUC runs Zwift perfect like this.

Last year I ran Zwift on my phone. Wasn’t interested in seeing the detail, only if I was hitting the numbers. Also made it easier with the Apple Watch to measure HR as iOS doesn’t support Ant+