Anyone using Zwift?

Hi fellow Hubbers,

I wanted to put an idea out there and see how many people would potentially be interested, there are some pretty cool group rides on zwift where there is also a discord voice server that the group can join on and chat (think coffee ride style conversation). 

I think it would be very cool if we can get a South Africa specific ride once, maybe twice a week, where like minded people have a virtual platform to meet up, ride and shoot the breeze. Thinking initially Monday and Wednesday evenings 19h30 for about an hour, anyone keen?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Sitting@89 said:

Hi fellow Hubbers,

I wanted to put an idea out there and see how many people would potentially be interested, there are some pretty cool group rides on zwift where there is also a discord voice server that the group can join on and chat (think coffee ride style conversation). 

I think it would be very cool if we can get a South Africa specific ride once, maybe twice a week, where like minded people have a virtual platform to meet up, ride and shoot the breeze. Thinking initially Monday and Wednesday evenings 19h30 for about an hour, anyone keen?

I think early morning rides would suit a lot more riders than late evening rides

11 minutes ago, Sitting@89 said:

Hi fellow Hubbers,

Cycle Nation have a few rides every week, follow their Facebook page for ride details

2 minutes ago, ACE Cycles said:

I think early morning rides would suit a lot more riders than late evening rides

open to any suggestions, would just like to get some traction on the idea, maybe one in the morning (Wednesdays) and one in the evening (obviously Mondays) pretty sure if it takes off we can schedule more rides.

Edited by Sitting@89
added more info

I'm looking after a couple of Teams doing the WTRL TTT's on Thursday evenings.  One of the Teams has been qualifying for the TTT Premier events the last couple of weeks.  The Team is in need of strong Cat D riders; as categorized by ZwiftPower.  If there's riders that would like to give it a go, let me know via PM...

10 hours ago, Eldron said:

Is anyone else doing the WTRL League? Season 2 starts tomorrow....

Their racing times are very inconvenient for us Saffers, at least I think so, that's why I've never bothered taking part. 

• 1 month later...

Quick Question: I have been away from Zwift for a while (found it to repetitive and boring). With the upcoming Tour of Watopia I am considering just joining again for one month to participate (for the fun). What I cannot deduce is whether each stage is at a set time - or do you simply do the route at a time that suits you and a pace you feel comfortable with.  As long as you do the stage between the set dates (i.e. Stage 1 9 - 12 Mar). 
Must you prebook your ride - or do you switch PC on, go "somewhere" and do the Stage. 

Usually there are official events that you need to do, between those dates.
For the recent Tour de Zwift, there were events just about every hour.

And you can just sign up for the event via companion app or so, up to a few seconds of the start of that event; once you enter the game you should be taken to the event.

Edited by HdB

9 minutes ago, HdB said:

Usually there are official events that you need to do, between those dates.
For the recent Tour de Zwift, there were events just about every hour.

And you can just sign up for the event via companion app or so, up to a few seconds of the start of that event; once you enter the game you should be taken to the event.

Forgive me my ignorance. But does this mean for example that Tour of Watopia Stage 1 will be an event that gets repeated n-times between the dates of 9 Mar - 12 Mar and hopefully there will be one that fits your time schedule? If not - to bad - you lose out. In essence it is not a pitch up and ride - you MUST follow a prescheduled event (and hope there is one you can do). 

Edited by pedal menace

24 minutes ago, pedal menace said:

Forgive me my ignorance. But does this mean for example that Tour of Watopia Stage 1 will be an event that gets repeated n-times between the dates of 9 Mar - 12 Mar and hopefully there will be one that fits your time schedule? If not - to bad - you lose out. In essence it is not a pitch up and ride - you MUST follow a prescheduled event (and hope there is one you can do). 

Pretty much, yes.
There is usually a few days "make up days" after all the last stage, where all the stages are available, but still set events

8 minutes ago, HdB said:

Pretty much, yes.
There is usually a few days "make up days" after all the last stage, where all the stages are available, but still set events

entered it at the start of hard lockdown (remember that?) and did 2 staged IIRC, entered the last opportunity for the 3rd and got hit with a bug that had me going up the Zwift KOM @~150kmh. downhill was around 240 and i was standing next to the trainer swearing at technology... that was a bummer.