Anyone using Zwift?

Friday is most certainly not going to work for me. Hoping to survive Sat and Sun, weather forecast not looking good for outside riding. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ag no man, pity that Friday won't work for you. I've entered just to get the fitness boost. Will definitely not be "racing". 

So I am wondering whether others are experiencing this issue I have been having for a while.

When starting a ride in erg mode on Zwift, initially like for the first 5-10 minutes the resistance fails to control. I run Zwift on an Apple TV and generally connect sensors using the companion app as I have power meter pedals.

I have had this on two trainers, and also have it if I connect sensors directly with the Apple TV and use the trainer as power meter.

It always comes right, but it is moerse frustrating.

So I am wondering whether others are experiencing this issue I have been having for a while.

When starting a ride in erg mode on Zwift, initially like for the first 5-10 minutes the resistance fails to control. I run Zwift on an Apple TV and generally connect sensors using the companion app as I have power meter pedals.

I have had this on two trainers, and also have it if I connect sensors directly with the Apple TV and use the trainer as power meter.

I used to have Apple TV Bluetooth ERG failures. Would just stop controlling the trainer and I’d be 50/11 at 100rpm up a 8% climb at 180 watts.

Never had any issue with exact same hardware in TrainerRoad. Was only in Zwift.

I’ve since moved to PC and ANT+ and have enjoyed 9 months of no dropouts, great frame rate and buttery smooth Zwifting!

Posted this on the WAHOO thread. Drop outs last night were off the hook. 

post-63970-0-57679100-1614166670_thumb.png

Posted this on the WAHOO thread. Drop outs last night were off the hook.

Capture.PNG

You probably mentioned it's before, but just to be confirm: are you running on BT or Ant+?

Eish, was hoping it was BT, then the switch to ANT+ might have helped.

Let's hope for a software update soon.

There was a Zwift update just a day or 2 ago. I'll update this evening since it never prompted me last night. 

Is your ANT+ dongle near your trainer?

I purchased a USB extension cable so that mine sits right next to my pain equipment.

I'd say about an arm's length away. 

I'd say about an arm's length away. 

So then that should rule out the distance issue.

If you're experiencing the same issue on 2 different trainers, I'm thinking that the common denominators which you should check are:

*insert imaginary flow diagram*  :ph34r:

• Can you see if the problem persists on another PC with the same ANT+ dongle?
  • Can you borrow another ANT+ dongle from someone?
  • Is your PC cabled in via Ethernet or are you using Wi-Fi- if you're not running a network cable, I'd give this a go as it made a big difference for me.
  • What internet connection type are you using and what's the speed? - Mine runs perfectly on a 10/10 Fibre line

I'm going to rule out an issue on the Zwift side as the internet would be full of complaints..

So then that should rule out the distance issue.

If you're experiencing the same issue on 2 different trainers, I'm thinking that the common denominators which you should check are:

*insert imaginary flow diagram* :ph34r:

• Can you see if the problem persists on another PC with the same ANT+ dongle?
  • Can you borrow another ANT+ dongle from someone?
  • Is your PC cabled in via Ethernet or are you using Wi-Fi- if you're not running a network cable, I'd give this a go as it made a big difference for me.
  • What internet connection type are you using and what's the speed? - Mine runs perfectly on a 10/10 Fibre line
I'm going to rule out an issue on the Zwift side as the internet would be full of complaints..

That reminds me, all Ant+ dongles are not created equal. Borrowing one from a friend may isolate whether the Dongle is a bit dodgy or not. ????

Never had an issue with the signal dropping on Zwift (and Rouvy), when using the iPhone app. As soon as I try using an Android tablet, it drops connection more often than not. Image, below , was Monday's "once a month" ride on Zwift - I make use of the free 25Km per month since L4 lockdown ended.

Hardware: iPhone 11, Apple Watch 3, 4iiii PM (left side only), CycleOps SuperMagneto classic trainer.

Software: iOS app, version 1.10.63185

Internet: Fibre, 10Mb, wi-fi connection - no cables

This update included: Fixed a bug that would cause iOS and TVOS clients to crash on rare occasion.

post-1372-0-40169200-1614181570_thumb.png

980Km covered | 10,000m elevation gain | 34h14m elapsed time.

Edited by Frosty

I used to have Apple TV Bluetooth ERG failures. Would just stop controlling the trainer and I’d be 50/11 at 100rpm up a 8% climb at 180 watts.

Never had any issue with exact same hardware in TrainerRoad. Was only in Zwift.

I’ve since moved to PC and ANT+ and have enjoyed 9 months of no dropouts, great frame rate and buttery smooth Zwifting!

Thanks for the info. This is really perplexing. I have used this same Apple TV for a few years on Zwift now but this issue is recent. Only in the first few minutes does the trainer not control.

There was a Zwift update today. I did a session this evening, same k&k.