Anyone using Zwift?

I’m using a good spec laptop, it worked perfectly before taking and uploading pics but not sure what is wrong now.

Unfortunately I don’t have apple tv :-(

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m using a good spec laptop, it worked perfectly before taking and uploading pics but not sure what is wrong now.

Unfortunately I don’t have apple tv :-(

what is a good spec laptop? how much memory do you have & processor? maybe change the settings to focus all the memory on the game & see if that does the trick for you.

Why is Zwift photos that gets uploaded black / blank?

I even tried taking snap shots from the companion app and still black / blank?

Not that it is important to me but just curious to know why......

It's unfortunately a know bug that doesn't seem to have been patched yet

The 2 solutions I've seen online are:

1) Run the game in windowed mode.

2) Clear all the existing pictures in the Zwift screenshot folder (Found in Documents/Zwift)

Why is Zwift photos that gets uploaded black / blank?

I even tried taking snap shots from the companion app and still black / blank?

Not that it is important to me but just curious to know why......

It is a long-running problem that they just can't seem to get fixed, with various unofficial solutions.

https://forums.zwift.com/t/blank-black-photos-from-zwift-companion-app/223723/44

Mine currently works fine on my PC. At some point in the past, I would get black screenshots from the automatic ones taken, but the ones I triggered myself would work.

Some people get it working by using windowed mode, others suggest toggling the photo to show the HUD on/off before saving the ride.

Looks like I'm going to have to swop from Rouvy to Zwift.

Rouvy doesn't have an app on AppleTV that integrates Training Peaks programmes, whereas Zwift seamlessly integrates it.

what is a good spec laptop? how much memory do you have & processor? maybe change the settings to focus all the memory on the game & see if that does the trick for you.

Sorry I'm no IT expert but it is a 8gb RAM and i5 processor

Yeah that should've been fine but as others mentioned already known bug. I've personally tried the deleting of all the previous old photos which did the trick for only a short while before it started happening again. Tried clearing it again and still got the black screenshots.

post-3951-0-34059300-1619641702_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 1:59 PM, AllAboutRides said:

I'm running an i5 with 4Gb and it's OK. I also run Trainerroad in parallel, Spotify sometimes and our favourite memory hog, Chrome and it manages fine

New World Day.

https://youtu.be/sMKFxgVHWcg

Going Live 2pm SAST. I'm working from home, so it's the perfect opportunity to test Zwifts servers for the New World Rush......

Dust off your virtual MTB's.... (Their route descriptions avtively talk about switching bikes en route...)

Edited by RocknRolla

37 minutes ago, RocknRolla said:

New World Day.

https://youtu.be/sMKFxgVHWcg

Going Live 2pm SAST. I'm working from home, so it's the perfect opportunity to test Zwifts servers for the New World Rush......

Dust off your virtual MTB's.... (Their route descriptions avtively talk about switching bikes en route...)

Finally some additions!

This looks awesome

Just as I thought I'm on top of my route badges....

This satisfies the procrastinator in me, I have all the big route badges left over. Which I'm not super keen on.

Just now, RocknRolla said:

Just as I thought I'm on top of my route badges....

This satisfies the procrastinator in me, I have all the big route badges left over. Which I'm not super keen on.

same here....

If you're ever keen to hit up one of those big ones, let me know