Anyone using Zwift?

Anyone had issues with ANT+ after latest update? Zwift refused to recognise the trainer thru ANT+, but the native BT worked fine. 

only used it once after the update but no issues with ANT.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone had issues with ANT+ after latest update? Zwift refused to recognise the trainer thru ANT+, but the native BT worked fine. 

Done a few rides since the update - barring 1 massive dropout at the end of a 2.5 hour ride, all seems to be ok with my ANT+

Yes, since the previous update (March 16) it was a huge struggle to get ANT+ connected.

Missed quite a few group rides because it would take 30min+ of fiddling with drivers and different USB ports to get it to work.

There was another update released yesterday, and (touch fake wood) so far it connected with no issue again.

Yes, since the previous update (March 16) it was a huge struggle to get ANT+ connected.

Missed quite a few group rides because it would take 30min+ of fiddling with drivers and different USB ports to get it to work.

There was another update released yesterday, and (touch fake wood) so far it connected with no issue again.

I did an update early this morning (5am) and I'm sorry to say this is when I picked up the problem. 

Zwift Companion BT bridge didn't work either. Very frustrating since ANT+ has been bullet proof of late. Maybe there's a firmware update on the trainer I haven't checked. 

• 2 weeks later...

Took the plunge and got a trainer today[emoji3060]

Joined up on Zwift. Will do a quick test ride when I receive the trainer next week.

I can’t wait to get on the trainer and get some kilometer on the bike.

Took the plunge and got a trainer today[emoji3060]

Joined up on Zwift. Will do a quick test ride when I receive the trainer next week.

I can’t wait to get on the trainer and get some kilometer on the bike.

Don't do it! It's a trick. One ride and you're hooked!

On the upside when spring begins you'll drill your mates who got winterlazy.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I guess you could run an ant+ only chest strap, and run zwift on ble only enabled device, which would do trick.

But, why?

Sounds like a solid plan.

I find looking at the heart rate ruins the interval, especially in a Zwift race. 

I have been using Zwift for a week now, but man oh man.  What a polished piece of turd the product is in reality. 

I was more off the bike last night struggling with the trainer not connecting to the application.  Then it lost the BLE connection to my HRM, then the connection to the cadence sensor.  Then the app stopped working on my iPad.  Restarted the app.  Had to try and connect all the devices again.  Got on the bike.  Lost connection to the trainer.  then I realized that it lost the last trip I did (not much but it was 8km)

started up again, lost connection to the trainer and HRM.

I was so frustrated that I stopped the suffer fest to get the devices to connect.

I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong or if it is just Zwift being a polished turd.  And if you are on the FB page of Zwift Riders, the amount of people being unable to connect is also a bit worrying. 

I might just try and use the Tacx software that came with my trainer and test that to see if that will work.

I have been using Zwift for a week now, but man oh man.  What a polished piece of turd the product is in reality. 

I was more off the bike last night struggling with the trainer not connecting to the application.  Then it lost the BLE connection to my HRM, then the connection to the cadence sensor.  Then the app stopped working on my iPad.  Restarted the app.  Had to try and connect all the devices again.  Got on the bike.  Lost connection to the trainer.  then I realized that it lost the last trip I did (not much but it was 8km)

started up again, lost connection to the trainer and HRM.

I was so frustrated that I stopped the suffer fest to get the devices to connect.

I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong or if it is just Zwift being a polished turd.  And if you are on the FB page of Zwift Riders, the amount of people being unable to connect is also a bit worrying. 

I might just try and use the Tacx software that came with my trainer and test that to see if that will work.

It can be a pain getting going in the early stage.

Persevere and you will get there - it is worth it.

I am trying Fulgaz out at the moment and it also has its issues but you do get over them eventually.

Good luck.

Why is Zwift photos that gets uploaded black / blank?

I even tried taking snap shots from the companion app and still black / blank?

Not that it is important to me but just curious to know why......

Why is Zwift photos that gets uploaded black / blank?

I even tried taking snap shots from the companion app and still black / blank?

Not that it is important to me but just curious to know why......

what device are you using? I used to occasionally get this as well while using my low spec windows laptop. I’ve since started using my Apple TV and no longer get the “black photos”.