Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the next level - not an e-bike, neither a motorcrosser... but also both.

Twist the throttle and you can pedal-assist 80km/h up that hill hey.... :angry:

https://electrek.co/2019/09/06/ubco-frx1-electric-trail-bike-50-mph/

"The UBCO FRX1 is an electric two-wheeler with functional pedals and a pedal assist system. Technically speaking, that makes it an electric bicycle. But only technically."

Right.... Wonder what trail managers will say about a 50kg e-bike tearing up their trails.

Must be weird to ride

You twist the throttle and your legs speed up....

• 1 month later...

Sheesh.... Saturday.... an event.... rather large and rotund person on a zooty e-bike with a nice metallic paint job. Flat start... followed by a longish downhill of farm road....followed by some fairly steep and slightly technical ascents. E-biker comes bailing like hell past everyone else out the starting gates and down the road...only to completely flake out on the climb (lack of grunt or of skill, I just don't know), holding everyone else up as they try to work their way around the said e-biker.... [emoji85]

I wonder if they don't sometimes induce overconfidence in people who would be better off starting out at a more modest level? Oh well, not like some normal bike riders don't do the same I suppose.

• 5 weeks later...

Sheesh.... Saturday.... an event.... rather large and rotund person on a zooty e-bike with a nice metallic paint job. Flat start... followed by a longish downhill of farm road....followed by some fairly steep and slightly technical ascents. E-biker comes bailing like hell past everyone else out the starting gates and down the road...only to completely flake out on the climb (lack of grunt or of skill, I just don't know), holding everyone else up as they try to work their way around the said e-biker.... [emoji85]

I wonder if they don't sometimes induce overconfidence in people who would be better off starting out at a more modest level? Oh well, not like some normal bike riders don't do the same I suppose.

Perhaps he forgot to charge it - or switch it on? 

Then there was the story about an eBiker who forced some elderly riders off the single track as he tried to crack his E Assist Strava time at Tokai recently...

Then there was the story about an eBiker who forced some elderly riders off the single track as he tried to crack his E Assist Strava time at Tokai recently...

run of the mill MTBers have been doing that for years. Being on an E-bike doesn't make you a knob. Being a knob makes you a knob.

No I don't have or want an E-bike. Yet.

Sadly that would have happened if he were on a normal bike, too. That sort of attitude is typical of your more "A-Type" personalities. Or, in another language, fuggin cuuuunts.