Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Meintjes still has to develop (And is yet to win a race in Europe)

2. Contador racked up 2182 UCI points so far in 2017, Meintjes only 678.

3. Contador is 9 years older

4. Landa has the ability to win a GT next year with the correct team, drawing Trek towards him.

Meintjies will likely never win a major race in Europe, he should learn from Landa and go and support a big GC contender to learn the skills of the trade, that said, Landa will also never win one of the four major races.

He does not have the numbers to achieve this success, if he did he would not have been the third last rider in the Sky train (Landa, Thomas then Froome).

On the downside Sky have all his numbers so can outclass him in the following vehicle as they did to Richie.

Never say never!

If LM goes to Cannondale, he would work with Riggo: I think it would be a good fit.

I must say I'd like him at Cannondale more than DDD too. 

DDD still has too much focus on Cavendish's sprint train.

Landa will also never win one of the four major races.

Some valid points, but I disagree here.

Landa will most likely win the Giro or Vuelta in 2018

Edit: Races where Froome and the Sky armada ain't present.

Edited by Cav'

Never say never!

If LM goes to Cannondale, he would work with Riggo: I think it would be a good fit.

I think everyone he forgets that he is much younger than the other contenders. What he needs now is to be developed over the next 2-3 years to improve on TT. 

Also I think its great to see team owners acknowledging his awesomeness. Hope the thought has stuck in Vaughters head today and he has DM'ed Louis. If I was going to try get Louis I would get Phinney to give him a call, that guy is a total lag! 

I think everyone he forgets that he is much younger than the other contenders. What he needs now is to be developed over the next 2-3 years to improve on TT.

Also I think its great to see team owners acknowledging his awesomeness. Hope the thought has stuck in Vaughters head today and he has DM'ed Louis. If I was going to try get Louis I would get Phinney to give him a call, that guy is a total lag!

Are you guys angling for comm's instead of KOM's for a change? I believe the Virgin Islands are good this time of here for your deal flow receipts... ????

I must say I'd like him at Cannondale more than DDD too. 

DDD still has too much focus on Cavendish's sprint train.

He would have a lot more support at Cannondale, even if while Uran was still number 1 and LM number 2 he would grow and learn a lot more. It was infact Uran that k@ked him out at TDF for wheel sucking when they where in that exclusive group for the last few kms. I know we want him in the "local" team, but lets face it, DDD are not a GC team, Just like UAE. 

I like the idea !!  Hope the idea gains some traction !!

Well its not like Jonathan V denied anything in that tweet war - LM is a much better prospect than Davide, although they put a lot into developing him (as DD did for LM I guess)

Main Cheese back to DDD

Happy as DDD supporter, hopes he get some good helpers, Although Igor Anton and Serge Pauwels should be able to offer help to him if they are dedicated to that and not breakaways.