Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much point in have a honed sprint train if the main geeza can't finish off the job? and I don't think Cav is up to it any more, for a few reasons probably.

If Cav' gets better and gets the motivation you'd be crazy to think we won't rack up some wins. He's only 33 after all. With the issues of the last 18 months you'd also be pretty sure to be getting him at a discount salary as he's got enough endorsements to take a hit there and still be good. He does bring sponsors with him as well as a lot coverage at any race he attends but it's be a gamble to a degree with his EB virus but that'd go in to the contract if you had half a brain. Key thing is getting the fire burning in him. 

Rest him for a bit, get him better, put him on the 6 day circuit to get the mongrel back take some early season wins in the middle east, rest and focus on Le Tour (like his 2016 one where he was supposed dead and buried and took 4 stages) or figure every sprinter is going to the tour and DD will be behind LM / BOC for a top 10 finish so focus on the giro and clean up then send him to Spain late season to pick up a couple extras before the mountains kill him and Kingy wraps up a couple of stages.  

Edited by hellocolour

Quite possibly but I think he would be better off staging a comeback with Maclaren -Baa baa rain whatever. 

And let Team DD get on with building at least a classics team and young talent like the Oozies have done with the Yates bros and others.

That is a good signing

Jip,

Hopefully he can bring a bit more than the 450 UCI points he gave Trek this year . But with those additional points DD could have moved from last to second last at least.

Jip,

Hopefully he can bring a bit more than the 450 UCI points he gave Trek this year . But with those additional points DD could have moved from last to second last at least.

as long as that's enough to keep their top-level status...

Nizzolo... has a wiff of the Sbaragli about him. Being called a 'top italian sprinter' isn't really a thing looking at the current state of Italian sprinting at the moment. Had a win back in San Juan and a couple of top 5's this year and a 2nd at the Vuelta. I hope he can pull a Viviani, start converting those top 10's into 1's with fresh start and get back to some of the 2016 form that had him taking home some good silverware. I thought with their focus on Classics and GC they would look to develop one of the local guys.

He's up against a seriously packed top tier at the moment so will be interesting to see what the approach is in regards to race days, schedule etc. Win or look to mop up UCI points with consistent placings. 

Nizollo is a good sprinter but not remotely in the same league as Cavendish. 

I see the signing as just another rider that the picked up for a bargain.

Nizollo is a good sprinter but not remotely in the same league as Cavendish.

I see the signing as just another rider that the picked up for a bargain.

As what Cavendish was..

He fact that he has not yet signed with someone else is a sign of that.

Edited by Gen

Jonathan Caicedo joins #PinkArgyle in 2019

The Ecuadorian won Vuelta Colombia last month and finished second in Vuelta Asturias.