Win a Santa Cruz and help build trails with TokaiMTB

News bot

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-ZA

All the bikes... all the specs... in the 'specs' part of each model there is a list of the normal parts on the left and column for 'customisation' where all the ENVE carbon sits. I'm guessing that everything on the left column is standard build. 

Thanks!

Although that nearly sounds too good to be true?!?

If i pick the Hightower CC XX1+ bike....that's a R128k bike right there.

Somehow have a feeling that wont be on'?

Hope I'm wrong. Let's see

:clap:

Something's fishy here. ANY SC bike in standard build?! That can easily tick over R100k. 

From the website, from what I understand, the Standard builds look to be round about the R70-R76k range, with GX 1X11 and the C carbon frame

From the website, from what I understand, the Standard builds look to be round about the R70-R76k range, with GX 1X11 and the C carbon frame

Not if you read the rules:

1. The prize is as follows: One Santa Cruz bicycle of your choice (any model, colour or construction without Enve rims) with a standard build kit. Assembly and construction are included.

That reads - anything as long as it's not got Enve wheels.  Any construction means it can be the C or CC frame and standard build kit should just be the standard drivetrain options that are listed on the SantaCruz site, eg: XT, GX, XO1 and XX1.  

I'm in two minds about this competition - in some ways I don't want to tell anyone about it to improve my chances of winning, and in others the more people who enter, the better my home trails become.  What a dilemma...

Not if you read the rules:

1. The prize is as follows: One Santa Cruz bicycle of your choice (any model, colour or construction without Enve rims) with a standard build kit. Assembly and construction are included.

That reads - anything as long as it's not got Enve wheels.  Any construction means it can be the C or CC frame and standard build kit should just be the standard drivetrain options that are listed on the SantaCruz site, eg: XT, GX, XO1 and XX1.  

I'm in two minds about this competition - in some ways I don't want to tell anyone about it to improve my chances of winning, and in others the more people who enter, the better my home trails become.  What a dilemma...

That's what confused me a bit too. Look, they could just offer the alu frame in lowest spec and I would still be over the moon.

Mmm, I wonder what I'd go for. Maybe the Bronson, but I also like the High Tower. Then there is the beastly new Nomad... Good luck guys!

They don't make 26'ers anymore bro!

They don't make 26'ers anymore bro!

Haha. I'm sure they could fish one out and dust it off for him.

Anyway Tim is part of Tokai MTB so he's surely not allowed to enter. That would be like Robert Mugabe winning the Zim Lottery.

......` Oh.

Edited by Duane_Bosch