E-bike Strava chasers

Quagga

I don't understand why Strava doesn't put some validations on segments... I mean doing x km/h plus on a segment with x gradient up or down and x length... they can work out some parameters / algorithms and if it's humanly not possible to achieve these the ride can be recorded but not added to KOMs or QOMs.

I think there is something like it.  Did a segment a while back which is branded as a "no rules" segment and I was slipping a truck.  When I uploaded it, it was automatically flagged by strava but I was given the option to indicate the ride was legit and remove the flag.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

**** Strava , get a real podium!

Real podiums come and go, KOM's are for ever. 

I mean, can you remember who won the last 4 CT Cycle Tours? No, But I know Darren Lill has the KOM for Suikerbossie during it. Pretty sure every cyclist in Cape Town knows that.

Best KOMdefender activity I've seen/flagged was a guy doing a helicopter ride from Jhb to Durban.

He stopped in Harrismith for a refuel and then took a few KOMs on the section between Escourt and PMB.

The elevation was pretty much constant, as was the speed. Was cool to view the activity and see his flight path - sadly I never got to flag his "ride" aa it was already done by someone in Ladysmith that takes their KOMs too seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Few years back at kremetart, Going down the first stage climb we hit some serious speeds on the tandem. When loading strava after the race and being convinced it was at least a top 5(as we where a group of 4 tandems) I was shocked to see some dude did over 130kph average down the segment. The idiot recorded his trip from Pretoria on the N1 all the way to the border post and through into Zim. Had driven over 600km in about 4h30m.

As a larger rider "stay wider ofbthe wider rider" i object to your assertion we don't care about strava. I care deeply about strava. I have many koms which i get by making private segments.

I often sit munching a giant nougat bar dreaming about taking the kom up my street off the elderly gardner who uses it as his commute.

It's usually the fatties who "don't care" about Strava #JustSaying

As a larger rider "stay wider ofbthe wider rider" i object to your assertion we don't care about strava. I care deeply about strava. I have many koms which i get by making private segments.

I often sit munching a giant nougat bar dreaming about taking the kom up my street off the elderly gardner who uses it as his commute.

Some dude near me made a segment end in his complex. So frustrating as I can probably run it faster than he rode.

Probably the best Friday post!

Just to teach all of you strava junkies a lesson I'm gonna Blitz that on my CBR tomorrow morning and all of you can flag my ride and spend the weekend seething that some grey haired fat oke stole the KOM on a motorbike.

I'll won't start the ride at my place just in case someone takes it a little too seriously and slits my throat during the night.

Edited by Duane_Bosch