E-bike Strava chasers

Quagga

#liveandletlive? 

#eachtotheirown?

How useful there's a tool that works for people going up and people coming down AND those who enjoy both! 

If taking the data that goes into strava is taken as seriously as all the other components of my training and this makes me a Strava$$hole, then give me a badge and I'll stick it on!

chill bru'. just taking the piss. I use Strava, just to check my progress against myself and my mates. Have only ever got one KOM - and yes it was downhill, although I think I'm down in 3rd now. Was very proud of that KOM.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joh dude, why can't you just chill? There are no set rules for what can and can't be done on strava.

When my mates go motorbiking offroad they use strava to record the route so we can see if it's worthwhile to do again.

He will get removed from the kom, usually takes a day.

BTW there are set rules on Strava. 

There are other tools to record the route, like Garmin Connect etc.

###Why dont people read and follow the rules?

Edit: Here are the rules.... so they should not WAIT for it to be flagged, they can set it to private as soon as they upload

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216919507-Segment-Leaderboard-Guidelines#nontraditional

1. Non-Traditional Bikes

The Segment Leaderboards for cycling are a place for conventional bicycles only so that the top Segment rankings are not taken by unattainable, motor-assisted times or from fully-faired vehicles (velomobiles).

Uploading data from a car, motorcycle, e-bike, velomobile, motor-assisted bike, or any bicycle that includes any non-human propulsion or pedal-assisted force, and categorizing the activity as a "Ride" displaces data uploaded from a human-powered bike, conflicting with the fairness and integrity of the Segment Leaderboards.

If there is a Strava sport type for your activity such as "e-bike" or "virtual trainer", you must use this designation. If not, you must use one of the other options listed below. 

2. Motor-Paced Activities

Motor-pacing, or drafting behind a vehicle, is considered motor-assistance. Uploading data from a motor-paced ride and categorizing the activity as a "Ride" displaces data uploaded from a human-powered bike, thus conflicting with the fairness and integrity of the Segment Leaderboards. If you choose to upload any data that was recorded while motor-pacing, please use one of the options listed below. 

Edited by Coenie Thomas

Did you forget to take your Ritilin this morning?

Did you forget to take your Ritilin this morning?

HEHEHE

nah not worked up, just "discussing" the behaviour of some people.....

Does your todger grow by a few mm when you get a KOM? 

#askingforafriend

Please post if you get an answer, I also need to know #forafriend

Edit: Here are the rules.... so they should not WAIT for it to be flagged, they can set it to private as soon as they upload

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/216919507-Segment-Leaderboard-Guidelines#nontraditional

1. Non-Traditional Bikes

The Segment Leaderboards for cycling are a place for conventional bicycles only so that the top Segment rankings are not taken by unattainable, motor-assisted times or from fully-faired vehicles (velomobiles).

Uploading data from a car, motorcycle, e-bike, velomobile, motor-assisted bike, or any bicycle that includes any non-human propulsion or pedal-assisted force, and categorizing the activity as a "Ride" displaces data uploaded from a human-powered bike, conflicting with the fairness and integrity of the Segment Leaderboards.

If there is a Strava sport type for your activity such as "e-bike" or "virtual trainer", you must use this designation. If not, you must use one of the other options listed below. 

2. Motor-Paced Activities

Motor-pacing, or drafting behind a vehicle, is considered motor-assistance. Uploading data from a motor-paced ride and categorizing the activity as a "Ride" displaces data uploaded from a human-powered bike, thus conflicting with the fairness and integrity of the Segment Leaderboards. If you choose to upload any data that was recorded while motor-pacing, please use one of the options listed below. 

Durbanville is full of these... When you motor pace and only find yourself 7th on segments....  :mellow:

Before marking it a workout.

Edited by Pure Savage

He uses it while motorbiking. Has recorded some seriously nice bike rides.

This ^

I think some people are just a bit ignorant about what they log "affect" other people. Have seen other people I know also logging motorbike rides on Strava.

No malice meant by it.

I am probably getting too old but after a few years on Strava I don't take all the virtual noddy badges too seriously anymore.