E-bike Strava chasers

Quagga

This ^

I think some people are just a bit ignorant about what they log "affect" other people. Have seen other people I know also logging motorbike rides on Strava.

No malice meant by it.

I am probably getting too old but after a few years on Strava I don't take all the virtual noddy badges too seriously anymore.

Agreed, I am just one of those people who do not understand why someone would not follow rules

For excample, those people who climb over the fence at Hoogekraal, and trash teh newly planted field.

1. There is a fence for a reason

2. Rule say stick to marked trails

# ??? Why would one want to break a rule, surely someone who made the rule had a good reason?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you actually look at that route profile there are 3 flags alone never mind the speed he does:

1 - There is no way that is 2336m of elevation.

2 - The actual profile is is also incorrect. The elevation spikes are not correct which means he had done a elevation correction.

3 - If you look at his history every ride is LITTERED with KOM's. 

Oke is a fraud and joker.

Edited by J Wakefield

When you actually look at that route profile there are 3 flags alone never mind the speed he does:

1 - There is no way that is 2336m of elevation.

2 - The actual profile is is also incorrect. The elevation spikes are not correct which means he had done a elevation correction.

3 - If you look at his history every ride is LITTERED with KOM's. 

Oke is a fraud and joker.

Digital EPO maybe :-)

You know him? Does he know that Strava is not for recording motorbike rides?

Why can't people just play by the rules?

Are there rules on Strava?

Edit: Sorry see question was answered previously.

Edited by Lighthouse

Does your todger grow by a few mm when you get a KOM? 

#askingforafriend

Yip, I got a KOM the other day and noticed a size-able improvement.....

Seems that some people take their Garmin's on a normal work day drive and record it as a ride, or are they just ignorant when the data is this WRONG?

This person got 12KOM+ on one ride. There is HR data but the speed is totally wrong. 

Doing 92km/h up the back of Tiekie draai?

Surely you can yourselft there is something wrong with the data if you DID do a ride and hide it ?

Sample

https://www.strava.com/activities/1038112963/overview

can this person get a traffic fine please?

Best KOMdefender activity I've seen/flagged was a guy doing a helicopter ride from Jhb to Durban.

He stopped in Harrismith for a refuel and then took a few KOMs on the section between Escourt and PMB.

The elevation was pretty much constant, as was the speed. Was cool to view the activity and see his flight path - sadly I never got to flag his "ride" aa it was already done by someone in Ladysmith that takes their KOMs too seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will confess. When I was still a noob and did't understand the intricacies of Strava I once recorded my drive to work to see the differences in elevation and total driving time because there simply wasn't another app on the market that gives you this level of detail for Free.

I was quickly notified that I stole some KOM's and that my ride was flagged and I subsequently made the drive private.

Point is, I think we have different levels of transgressors:

- people that intentionally record a drive, not intended to compete with cycling and their KOM's

- people who genuinely forget to switch their unit off after a ride

- people who intentionally drive some sections to collect KoM's

- probably another type of person with another justification that I cannot think of now...

The Strava community self-policing of sections seems to work fine for most of these scenarious.

It is going to happen, and I am one of those people that will Flag your A$$ if you fit any of the profiles and clearly did not ride that section on your own steam.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by Rookie85

I don't understand why Strava doesn't put some validations on segments... I mean doing x km/h plus on a segment with x gradient up or down and x length... they can work out some parameters / algorithms and if it's humanly not possible to achieve these the ride can be recorded but not added to KOMs or QOMs.

I once thought a mate had too much to drink when I saw his Strava line heading down the beach and into the sea, turns out he was kite surfing and hadn't got round to changing from mtb to kite :w00t: