Provalone slices coated in olive oil and tarragon and grilled on the fire

Whats that? Sounds nice.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats that? Sounds nice.

A fillet from Bots.Looks like a big barbel.Best meat in the world.Kalahari grass.

Half a jar of Colmans Hot English Mustard and half a jar of honey mixed into a paste and rubbed in about 2 hours prior to slapping it on a hot  bed of coals.

Sliced thickly and devoured rare.

Edited by Kranswurm

A fillet from Bots.Looks like a big barbel.Best meat in the world.Kalahari grass.

Half a jar of Colmans Hot English Mustard and half a jar of honey mixed into a paste and rubbed in about 2 hours prior to slapping it on a hot  bed of coals.

Agreed on the quality of free range beef Botswana produces. Excellent. I always laughed at Saffas who travel overland through Botswana and sneak in freezers full of expensive Woollies meat to braai. Stupid if you can buy better steaks there, at just about any butcher, for cheaper too (few years ago). Is it still like that?

Zim also produce some excellent beef.

Edited by DJR

Sounds like the kind of thing I might just have a bite of.

Agreed on the quality of free range beef Botswana produces. Excellent. I always laughed at Saffas who travel overland through Botswana and sneak in freezers full of expensive Woollies meat to braai. Stupid if you can buy better steaks there, at just about any butcher, for cheaper too (few years ago). Is it still like that?

No need to sneak it in.You can buy expensive Woolies meat in just about every town in Botswana

Mrs January in Molepolole is half the price,twice as nice and twice as big

I'll bring the beer........What time ?

I'll bring the beer........What time ?

Ha ha

Some time ago Barry(Tumbles) organised a Hub Ride at Groenkloof for me(down from Bots) and my daughter.I did two Barbel on the fire.Dirtrider scored one for organising a bike for my daughter

Good day was had by all.

Yes. OMG the beef there. Went up to Bots about 10y ago, and I still remember it. 

Only one that's come close to that is the export quality SA meat that I had in Mauritius. And even then, not close. 

But. I'd far rather have our meat than the USA's average meat, going by how my mate raves about the quality of our meat vs the stuff available in the USA for the average consumer. 

Best tip I got when I planned our Nam holiday was to not take any beer or meat over the border. To this day I prefer Nam beer. And I miss inexpensive Gemsbok meat.

Lol, many years ago I did a brief stint doing overland safari's in Zim, Bots and Namibia... On one trip we had vegetarians...

Decent meat = easy to find

Decent veggies = not so easy to find!

:lol:    

Lol, many years ago I did a brief stint doing overland safari's in Zim, Bots and Namibia... On one trip we had vegetarians...

Decent vegetarians are also not so easy to find in Botswana......good on you for taking your own  ;)

Edited by DJR

did a 3week trip through Namibia during varsity. 5 cars 22 people, long distances, lots of booze, a meal roster and    1 lonely vegetarian.

wow did she sukkel, we really tried to work her into the meals but it was mostly braai round the fire vibe, so there was normally a meal on the side Then the one night she can have ostrich, turns out she's only vegetarian on the animals that were slaughtered on the kibbutz she had lived on.

Near the end of the trip the one oke had had enough of this double standard, everyone is understandably a bit tired and patience is short. So he makes this monster potjie, and when she asks where her meal is on the side he says it's being sorted. Come time to serve, and she gets a peanut butter sarmie.

She stripped her moer and things got heated that night!

Best tip I got when I planned our Nam holiday was to not take any beer or meat over the border. To this day I prefer Nam beer. And I miss inexpensive Gemsbok meat.

So if you dont need to take anything, you dont need to go a in bakkie? 

Edited by Patchelicious

• 2 weeks later...