[Event] Coronation Double Century 2017

06rush

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is saying that this race needs to get back to the full 202km.

Riding a 4:30 on the shorter route is not a “record”. In my mind, nobody has got dub 5 yet.

this^^^

this again^^^

again this again^^^

#bringbacktheoldDC

no free time and racing for 202kms, in those days, teams doing sub 6 were hell of quick, now a team of sprinters are doing low 5 hours.

I was the one that kept looking back at you in shock thinking our 8th rider had caught back!!

Shame, very sad that the guy that trash talks all over social media gets dropped and doesn't finish. 

this^^^

this again^^^

again this again^^^

#bringbacktheoldDC

no free time and racing for 202kms, in those days, teams doing sub 6 were hell of quick, now a team of sprinters are doing low 5 hours.

agree! too much "recovery" time in the current format ...

this^^^

this again^^^

again this again^^^

#bringbacktheoldDC

They can keep it is it is from a safety perspective but the clock should not stop at the feed zones.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What camera is that? 

GoPro Hero 3... a little dodgy and shaky from mounting it on my MTB most of the time but thought I would mount it on the road bike for a change. Pitty the battery doesn't last long even with an extra battery pack  :blush:

He is saying that this race needs to get back to the full 202km.

Riding a 4:30 on the shorter route is not a “record”. In my mind, nobody has got dub 5 yet.

Just to be fair ,they do call it course record , not DC record.  Which means for the current course (2016/2017) , its a record , so just bit better than last year.

this^^^

this again^^^

again this again^^^

#bringbacktheoldDC

I am reasonably comfortable with them making that section "neutral" for safety reasons etc. While it is being fixed. I think its a wise decision to keep the guys and gals neutral there at the moment.

BUT, and its a big BUT, don't use shortened race distance times as new yard sticks or records. If thats what we are going to do, then almost everybody here has done a sub 3 Argus. So on that note, well done to everybody for doing a sub 3 Argus. I wonder if Nolan's Argus record time of 1:01:48 will ever be beaten.

Edited by Patchelicious

They can keep it is it is from a safety perspective but the clock should not stop at the feed zones.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

agreed, i think even they don't have to make the feed zone compulsory, ie. you stop you lose time you don't stop you don't.

simple enough is split the road well before, teams wanting to stop pull off in the feed zones, others don't and keep going.

that's it imo, in terms of safety, as for roadworks there's not much they can do there i agree.

GoPro Hero 3... a little dodgy and shaky from mounting it on my MTB most of the time but thought I would mount it on the road bike for a change. Pitty the battery doesn't last long even with an extra battery pack  :blush:

Just mount a little generator on your wheel to charge the battery. You guys are mos savage animals on your bikes. A little resistance won't bother you.  :whistling:

Hope one of you include a Viviani is a lekker guy in your race report..how on earth do these teams manage to get these big names in their teams..bit it is way cool.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He started with the Freewheel Cycology team, but was dropped early on because of a puncture.

They didn't get to make much use of the 'Italian Vespa'

post-615-0-49735600-1511772872_thumb.jpg

He started with the Freewheel Cycology team, but was dropped early on because of a puncture.

Is he sitting on a SWorks there? :eek:

Excellent picture though.

Sometimes you dont want to see the last few hours.  ;)

Regardless of distance etc you still have to chow gas for whatever distance against the other teams. Just compare placing from year to year, ignore the time. 

Hence why was not that phased about a 5:00:21.  

In terms of proper routes.. this looks like fun.

What a pity about the puncture..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk