[Event] Coronation Double Century 2017

06rush

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the 1st DC I missed in 13 years. Bloody knee surgery  :cursing:

Anyway, I was there as part of team support, so could still participate (sort of).

Hobbling around the start area and feed zones was frustrating with waves of FOMO washing over me, but I was still glad to be there.

Well done to all that rode  :thumbup:

post-615-0-72252400-1511772737_thumb.jpg

Edited by splat

This was the 1st DC I missed in 13 years. Bloody knee surgery :cursing:

Anyway, I was there as part of team support, so could still participate (sort of).

Hobbling around the start area and feed zones was frustrating with waves of FOMO washing over me, but I was still glad to be there.

Well done to all that rode :thumbup:

Know the feeling...

Seems it was a good one too.!

Anyway, things happen for a reason.

Got dropped by my team (last six went) at 188km and caught the slip of Pure Savage team on top of second last climb. Happy with my time of 5h20 ( only two min slower as our top six at 5h18...haha.

Was tough but lekker!!

Edited by Mongoose!

Congrats to all you hard men and women of the road.  :thumbup:

I wish I had the stamina to do this.

Edited by Moridin

Got dropped by my team (last six went) at 188km and caught the slip of Pure Savage team on top of second last climb. Happy with my time of 5h20 ( only two min slower as our top six at 5h18...haha.

Was tough but lekker!!

I was the one that kept looking back at you in shock thinking our 8th rider had caught back!!

My team passed the Pure Savage race team!  :clap: 
(In the neutral zone between Montagu and Ashton  :ph34r: )

We had a lekka day out, conditions were great and we finished 12 strong.

Remember there was an extra free 30 minutes, think it was about 15-17km that did not count as it was neutral zone. So you need to add 30 minutes to your time to get an equivalent to  the new DC times with the corporate friendly 30 minute stops.

one of these days it will all be a neutral zone ............

Remember there was an extra free 30 minutes, think it was about 15-17km that did not count as it was neutral zone. So you need to add 30 minutes to your time to get an equivalent to  the new DC times with the corporate friendly 30 minute stops.

one of these days it will all be a neutral zone ............

I know it's Monday, but what are you saying?  :devil:

Congrats to the winners and the rest. We went better than last year and had a great time. We were in a bunch somewhere before the 2nd stop (if I remember correctly), where two guys in team 124 (or 144?) went down hard. Hope they came off easy?

A thoroughly enjoyable day out.

That guy fell right in front of me. I had to wheely over his wheel.

He went for his water bottel in anticipation of the neutral zone while the barriers were funneling people into a tighter bunch for the timing mats

One hand and no access to brakes = crash

Edited by daniemare

I believe there is one guy that has done all 25 DC's to date. Now even guys that have done DC 10-14 years ago will argue that the event that has been put up the past 5-8 years is still not "The Real McCoy". The original event had no "free feed zones" i.e. stop where you want when you want if you wanted to. The route ended with Tradouw Pass now imagine climbing that beats after 190km's in the legs.