[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

Fire south of Hout Bay. Looks to be Noordhoek. Que the prophets of doom in 3....2....1....

Which begs the question "Why the **** do you Cape Town okes insist in lighting fires around the CTCT date?"

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Table mountain on fire. Lower slopes near cable car.

Two choppers. All teams on standby.

Support from all stations on route

Oh dear - here we go again... 

Cape Point was on fire last night too - its been very windy here of late, but the weekend is looking a bit calmer.

Hey everyone,

Massive blonde moment on my side I have completely forgotten to book transport my Mrs and my Bike from JHB.

Do any of you know any companies that are still taking bookings?

Please help

Hey everyone,

Massive blonde moment on my side I have completely forgotten to book transport my Mrs and my Bike from JHB.

Please help

Come on, do it like Frail used to....start riding now! :ph34r:

(Frail, a legendary tough Cape based Hubber, did one year without using ANY motorized transport to and from races. It was a fundraising project for charity. He did a race in Jhb, 1 in Durbs, 1 in PE, the Argus, The DC and a good few others. Rode his bike to and from each and every one. In between he commuted about 50 km daily. I remember him riding to the 94.7 in something like 5 days, taking a rest day, then doing the race and riding back to Cape Town the day after. He rode from Cape Town to the Double Century the night before, about 200km, then did the DC, a bloody tough 200km, and rode back home the next morning, another 200km. Like I said, LEGEND! ) :thumbup: 

Hey everyone,

Please help

Try your luck with http://www.executivebiketransport.co.za

I think they still have space...

Let's hope the weather predicted holds. Will be epic if it does. Some of us deserve it.

Seems those Europeans are bringing the weather with them for the 10th.

Edited by Moridin

Just did a bit of essential shopping for our trip from Durban to Cape Town next weekend!

Whatever you bring in water, take the same back in wine! :thumbup:

Just did a bit of essential shopping for our trip from Durban to Cape Town next weekend!

The 4th member of team DJR is bringing us an extra 1000 l tank as "payment" for accommodation and enough water that he will add to the Cape Town water rather than use any. It will also be the first time ever that team DJR will start the CTCT with dusty unwashed bikes. 

Hey everyone,

Please help

biketransports.co.za