Saddle Bags on Road Bikes: cool or uncool?

ByronH

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please use your jersey pockets.

There's at least 3 available to you.

*Swings leg over top tube, rolls off.*

You beat me to it.............

Real roadies keep tools and spares in the middle back pocket of their cycling tops..........

perhaps - but the new breed of (g)roadies do it better and more stylishly - they add bags to their saddles and frames.

perhaps - but the new breed of (g)roadies do it better and more stylishly - they add bags to their saddles and frames.

Oh you mean the ex-golfers then..................

Ping Admin

Ping Admin

Someone hacked patches' account

giphy.gif

He's getting soft.

Pity. 

Maybe it's work stress or something.  :blink:

Edited by 'Dale

Cape Town roadies just use it to carry their cash around for coffee I have heard..

Do they not have snapscan or zapper?

Jeez, one mobile device that can pay for your flat white and to summon an uber when you get a flat, genius.

only acceptable when transporting your tent to your next Bikepacking destination. Edited by PhilipV

Peter Sagan is cool.

Peter Sagan wears Lycra.

Therefore Lycra is cool.

In this case, A always = C

Peter Sagan is cool agreed

Peter Sagan wears lycra agreed

The wearing of lycra is not why he's cool.  Running spikes are not cool, Usain Bolt is, headbands not cool, Federer is.

Men in lycra discussing what may or may not be cool is the very definition of irony - I even look for what I deem cool riding gear and my wife and daughter laugh at me.  Our bikes are cool, being healthy is cool but our outfits are not.  But hey, if you think you look cool, that's cool.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, maybe coolness too

Edited by Waynemol

Only thing that looks K@K3R than a huge saddle bag is when one tapes half their garages spares to their mountain bikes.

Get a compact saddle bag designed to be used with a dropper post and live a happy life.