[Event] 2018 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup Stellenbosch

Events Bot

Believe me, not intentional. I was in the scott team tent when he arrived. And besides, if you watched any of his documentaries you will know that that is just not his style. Awesome finish though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't misunderstand me, I also think that he is a great athlete, it was just a thought that went through my mind. Thanks for the update regarding the unclipping from inside Scott race tent.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Edited by BSG

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see what Gaze does in the Epic

I was just going to say that's probably why Nino was beaten.... he is training for epic  :whistling: 

SG's name is not on the CE entry list when i checked yesterday

What NS said:

According to  http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/uci-mtb-world-cup-xco-1-stellenbosch-2018/elite-men/results/

"I'm a little bit disappointed," admitted Schurter, "I was really close. It was a tough race; first I was afraid about van der Poel and had to work quite a bit to make sure he didn't get to the front and at the end I didn't really have the solution for Sam. In the sprint it was unlucky; I was surprised that I was able to keep up with him, but then I unclipped. It was bad luck for me but an amazing performance from Sam today. I knew he is a very powerful rider; he is probably the highest peak [power output] in the whole field, and I didn't have the solution for him today. He's a talented rider and he's going to be a hard one to beat."

What NS said:

According to http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/uci-mtb-world-cup-xco-1-stellenbosch-2018/elite-men/results/

"I'm a little bit disappointed," admitted Schurter, "I was really close. It was a tough race; first I was afraid about van der Poel and had to work quite a bit to make sure he didn't get to the front and at the end I didn't really have the solution for Sam. In the sprint it was unlucky; I was surprised that I was able to keep up with him, but then I unclipped. It was bad luck for me but an amazing performance from Sam today. I knew he is a very powerful rider; he is probably the highest peak [power output] in the whole field, and I didn't have the solution for him today. He's a talented rider and he's going to be a hard one to beat."

Class act. Giving recognition where it is deserved...

Going to be a very interesting season with van der Poel now starting races in the first lane and Gaze showing his class. Nino is going to have a tough time this year, but in my opinion will still come out on top. The man is just consistently brilliant.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

I noticed on Saturday quite a few DT Swiss forks being used and even some high-end Suntour forks, why aren't these available in South Africa? Surely these forks would be good for getting more competitive prices on forks.

Class act. Giving recognition where it is deserved...

Going to be a very interesting season with van der Poel now starting races in the first lane and Gaze showing his class. Nino is going to have a tough time this year, but in my opinion will still come out on top. The man is just consistently brilliant.

I agree, it's only the first race of the season and I don't think the Europeans have hit their peak performance yet, lets see who is at the top of the leaderboard when Worlds comes around, my moneys on Nino.

I noticed on Saturday quite a few DT Swiss forks being used and even some high-end Suntour forks, why aren't these available in South Africa? Surely these forks would be good for getting more competitive prices on forks.

You can get SR Suntour through shops that deal with Dragons Sports while Robbie's Bicycle Concept (who was doing neutral suspension service for the riders) had the DT Swiss range at the race. The brand is distributed country-wide by Get Stoked.

I agree, it's only the first race of the season and I don't think the Europeans have hit their peak performance yet, lets see who is at the top of the leaderboard when Worlds comes around, my moneys on Nino.

Although Mev Venter made the point that Annika always does well at the first round because she needs to be in top shape for the Epic, and as we have seen she generally does less well there after, but we will see...

You can get SR Suntour through shops that deal with Dragons Sports while Robbie's Bicycle Concept (who was doing neutral suspension service for the riders) had the DT Swiss range at the race. The brand is distributed country-wide by Get Stoked.

I didn't know that, I never see them around and just sort of assumed that they aren't available here.

Although Mev Venter made the point that Annika always does well at the first round because she needs to be in top shape for the Epic, and as we have seen she generally does less well there after, but we will see...

Then she goes back to varsity to study. Doing a dentist degree if I an not mistaken. Might even be finished by now.

Then she goes back to varsity to study. Doing a dentist degree if I an not mistaken. Might even be finished by now.

She has graduated already