[Event] 2018 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup Stellenbosch

Events Bot

Event Name: 2018 UCI Mountain Bike World Cup Stellenbosch
When: 10 March 2018
Where: Coetzenberg, Stellenbosch, Western Cape
Category: MTB

The Western Cape has landed another world cycling showpiece event – the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup presented by Shimano race.

The Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) series attracts the crème de la crème of international cross country mountain biking and tens of thousands of spectators to its races around the world.

The South African leg will open the 2018 season and take place on March 10th on the slopes of the Coetzenburg mountain in Stellenbosch. The event will be staged by Grandstand Management, the Cape Town-based company that operates and manages the Absa Cape Epic, the world’s foremost mountain bike stage race.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

WooHoo!

When does the seeding come out? Do I need a CSA licence? What is the weather forecast? Do I need 26 inch wheels or 29?

Don't bother to enter if you do not have a good seeding as the slower riders are going to frustrate you on the narrow singletrack.

Race packs are rumoured to be good though. 

Don't bother, most of the okes racing are dopers anyway...

Wtflip

Suppose it’s already Friday if u reading this from NZ

Wtflip

Suppose it’s already Friday if u reading this from NZ

I think every single comment on this thread so far was typed by someone giggling away merrily... 

Although cyclists, pfft... Taking away the starry eyed love, most top pro's have been naughty at some point. 

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to go and watch, but I don't currently have a pair of Salomon trail running shoes to pair with my brightly coloured, calf high cycling socks and mirror-glassed Oakleys. Will this be ok?

Edited by HDW

I will be supporting Emily - https://www.instagram.com/emilybatty1/

And Kate this weekend - https://www.instagram.com/kateplusfate/

In this day and age I can't believe you could so openly objectify women.. sis! I suppose you eat meat and drink dairy and recognise gender labels as well!  :ph34r:

I'm just stoked the Poodle has recovered enough to make it...  :whistling:

But team Groustra all the way in the main event... I heard the guy running his bottles and wheels in the pits was HOT!

Can’t wait! Going to be a lekker weekend!!! Flying down Friday. Whoop whoop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk