Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

Don't assume things of me..I have stated many times over the years that if it was my beloved I would he heavy disappointed but the nature of professional sport nothing would be a surprise.

While we are in ifs... if it was a rider that held a different nationality what would your reaction be?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My rational is to be open and objective.  Irrespective of who they are whether I hold them in high regard or not is to wait for the facts and the outcome.  If guilty, GOOD as it not needed in a sport that is trying to clean its image.

I am however not in the habit of convicting someone based on social media or opinionated news reports.... and by throwing around interweb reports that rather cloud the issue or try to give credence or bias to a guilt is neither helpful or warranted.

There is due process to follow .... lets see how the process unfolds.

Irrespective, CF will have this black mark and suspicion against him even if found to be an adverse finding and cleasred

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion is that this is certainly a fishy story / reading .

I hope it works out for CF , but am not holding my breath .

Just as a matter of fact ...

In 2007 (Approximately ) CF applied for a life insurance policy here in SA .

I know 100% that he stated asthma as a pre existing condition , on his application .

I'm guessing the SKY medical think tank is brainstorming ideas on how to "replicate" 2000ng/ml of salbutamol for when Chris does his UCI test. I'd love to be a fly on that wall!!!

Ja nee

The scenario building must be hectic

The 1000 limit was made as a medically ‘generous’ limit as to avoid any accidental conditions which could place an athlete under scrutiny.

So 2000 is like yoh ????????‍♂️

Hey.. Transparency is being out in the open..their statement came 3 months after they were notified.. and had 2 papers not caught wind of it there would've been a statement until after the proceedings concluded..

Zero tolerance in this case would've been....provisionally suspended pending outcome.

Undoubtedly this ☝????

Alongside the loss of medical records with the #jiffybag investigation, zero tolerance is from being upheld

????????‍♂️

No chance of that - A and B sample tested. ..

Yip

And no transparency with the media

Although other racers get their update in Cyclingnews as soon as possible

Many questions around the Sky bus

My rational is to be open and objective. Irrespective of who they are whether I hold them in high regard or not is to wait for the facts and the outcome. If guilty, GOOD as it not needed in a sport that is trying to clean its image.

I am however not in the habit of convicting someone based on social media or opinionated news reports.... and by throwing around interweb reports that rather cloud the issue or try to give credence or bias to a guilt is neither helpful or warranted.

Irrespective, CF will have this black mark and suspicion against him even if found to be an adverse finding and cleasred

I really can't recall condemning him..have I joked about it...yip... have I discussed the day of the pee-pee issue ..yip as it was brought up and i went to look what happened that day....yes, I have pointed out that Sky are not transparent and their zero tolerance motto is dodge..didn't they provisionally suspend Sergio Henao untill his blood passport issues were sorted out.. (I think he had a few issues with that)

Look I don't like or dislike Froome the guy has grown on me over the last few years...my issue is with Sky... jiffygate, the Dr comments recently about their use of TUEs to get riders to 100%..Brailsford allege attempt to silence/bribe a reporter regarding jiffygate.

That's my problem.. all we still need to hear is that SKY have made a generous donation to the UCI to aid in anti doping and the internet will break...for good.

Don't assume things of me..I have stated many times over the years that if it was my beloved I would he heavy disappointed but the nature of professional sport nothing would be a surprise.

While we are on ifs... if it was a rider that held a different nationality what would your reaction be?

Based on this years Giro thread, I know what the reaction would have been if the rider in my avatar had an AAF against his name... :whistling:

Is it Friday yet?

Ross Tucker's view... http://sportsscientists.com/2017/12/brief-thoughts-froomes-salbutamol-result/

As always, informed and pretty much on point

This is another grey muddy mess (as always)

I do like his closing though:

And finally, brief thoughts:

Chris Froome and disease sure are good for one another.  The story is that his asthma flared up at the Vuelta, hence the change in dosage. There was also the chest infection for which he took prednisone a few years back – most people don’t dominate the most challenging endurance events in the world when they are in optimal health, but Froome does it when at his worst.  Wiggins, recall, was so stricken that he needed emergency meds flown in via Jiffy Bag, and he went on to win the Tour de France?

Ross Tucker's view... http://sportsscientists.com/2017/12/brief-thoughts-froomes-salbutamol-result/

As always, informed and pretty much on point

This is another grey muddy mess (as always)

I do like his closing though:

And finally, brief thoughts:

Chris Froome and disease sure are good for one another.  The story is that his asthma flared up at the Vuelta, hence the change in dosage. There was also the chest infection for which he took prednisone a few years back – most people don’t dominate the most challenging endurance events in the world when they are in optimal health, but Froome does it when at his worst.  Wiggins, recall, was so stricken that he needed emergency meds flown in via Jiffy Bag, and he went on to win the Tour de France?

Andrew please stop posting links and asking questions, Shaper wont like it

See I'm not the only one that has battled with this whole lack of transparency thing, it's not just sky..but the UCI too..let's not forget that this would've been one of cockson's last actions as UCI president..

No idea why the new president didn't release anything earlier..he also has to answer for it..

5309e2b425a6d23100346131adefc30d.jpg

I don’t care how many testosterone patches he wacked on himself that day. I remember watching that stage live on TV. That was pure BEAST MODE !!

I was there that day. On the side of the road. It was AMAZING.

(Especially after seeing him the day before looking completely f****d, pedalling squares)

I really can't recall condemning him..have I joked about it...yip... have I discussed the day of the pee-pee issue ..yip as it was brought up and i went to look what happened that day....yes, I have pointed out that Sky are not transparent and their zero tolerance motto is dodge..didn't they provisionally suspend Sergio Henao untill his blood passport issues were sorted out.. (I think he had a few issues with that)

We're still waiting for the University of Sheffield to publish that investigation into altitude natives that Uncle Dave promised us... (after the team internally cleared him to race again)

Perhaps the lab tech had a heavy night the night before and did something incorrect with this one test.  Maybe CF metabolism reacted differently on this one occasion..... lets get the facts then decide.

Tells everyone to stop jumping to conclusions, then jumps to a conclusion...

post-275-0-03595700-1513238771.jpeg

My rational is to be open and objective.  Irrespective of who they are whether I hold them in high regard or not is to wait for the facts and the outcome.  If guilty, GOOD as it not needed in a sport that is trying to clean its image.

So on this line of thought... Zuma is innocent in your books too... #justsaying

PS: Go read up on what Tony Martin thinks on the double standards shown towards Froome in this case. And why did Sky get all this time to work on a defense? Why was he racing World Champs?

funny how these poor "sick" athletes ride the others to pieces

Yip....and there team us postal comes to the fore.... was only a matter of time !

"funny" how team sky uses all the medicines legally...... not to mention their "team us postal" riding style and the fact that EVERYONE becomes flippen strong when joining their team!

Anyway if they could ban Contador for meat...having twice as much of this "asthma" stuff in your body make its 2 years in my books !!! Lets see what happens.... wiggins / froome / sky staffer... whos next

See I'm not the only one that has battled with this whole lack of transparency thing, it's not just sky..but the UCI too..let's not forget that this would've been one of cockson's last actions as UCI president..

No idea why the new president didn't release anything earlier..he also has to answer for it..

5309e2b425a6d23100346131adefc30d.jpg

So TRUE.... same way us postal / lance enjoyed "special treatment".... Tony Martin is sooo right here...not fair towards the rest ! When a team has a MASSIVE BUDGET I think this sort of thing happens behind the scenes.....

As CF was tested in the week running up to the 7 September and in the weeks after without adverse anomaly there is a no reason to doubt zero tolerance being adhered to. 

Perhaps the lab tech had a heavy night the night before and did something incorrect with this one test.  Maybe CF metabolism reacted differently on this one occasion..... lets get the facts then decide.

1) CF was using his inhaler daily, and he was tested daily, yet only ONE day showed these values

2) So your reason is its the lab tech's fault, and cf couldnt possibly have cheated. pan y agua?

none so blind as those who dont want to see