Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

Any Clicks or Dischem. Ask for Venteze. Costs less than R40. No prescription required.

And therein is the point. It has so little (no) value  to an athlete unless you are suffering from an asthma attack. You can take the whole inhaler and you won't get any faster than you were before the asthma attack.

If you take more than the recommended dose, you just get dizzy from the alcohol propellant.

but then why is it regulated?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utter BS.

ASO puts on the pressure and the UCI tanks.

ASO quoted their own rules by saying that can exclude anyone that might tarnish the image of the event. So I think they could and should still exclude him, they have the right to.

I wouldn't want to be Froome at the TdF this year. The guy is going to get all kinds of eleven herbs and spices thrown his way by the fans next to the road.

Utter BS.

ASO quoted their own rules by saying that can exclude anyone that might tarnish the image of the event. So I think they could and should still exclude him, they have the right to.

I wouldn't want to be Froome at the TdF this year. The guy is going to get all kinds of eleven herbs and spices thrown his way by the fans next to the road.

So ASO should exclude Froome because the UCI made a mess? ????????

Utter BS.

Well if it wasn't for the last minute....

Methink this was a very hasty decision.  WADA/UCI struggle for MONTHS on the case and then when ASO puts on the pressure big time, a decision is reached in one day!!  Seriaaaasssly????

Would love to read the full report on this.

Yep, ASO forced their hand, and rightly so!

I think that the ASO/UCI behaviour over the last few days was because of the WADA report, not the cause of it's timing. 

I think that for the purposes of this, ASO and UCI were two sides of the same coin and both battling to keep Froome out. 

UCI president David Lappartient (ex-French Cycling Federation president) and Christian Prudhomme of ASO are closer than Gen and her Peter Sagan scrapbook but were powerless after WADA came to it's conclusion. 

As an interested party, the UCI (and therfore also ASO) would have had insight into the principal findings of the WADA report some time ago.  Whether they liked it or not, it was not their call any more and all they had left was muck raking and incitement of crowd action.

They knew that once the report was made public they would have no option but to be seen to accept the findings, so got their retaliation in first.

They knew last week that they were stuffed and their wailing and gnashing of teeth plus the now hollow gesture of a "ban" was all a play to the crowds.

I am still amazed by the social media Froome hating.

He had too much of a controlled substance that may or may not have been a performance enhancer in his urine. Now he has been cleared. Hardly a smoking EPO gun complete with Teatosterone pills and blood bags duct taped to walls.

Why is everyone hating on him so much?

Utter BS.

Why though? :huh:

So ASO should exclude Froome because the UCI made a mess?

well, if they said it was because they wanted Bardet to win, they'd look silly now, wouldn't they?  :mellow:

How would he go about that, he plead GUILTY, surely he can't go and say, well i only said i was guilty to get a lesser ban. 

My first thought, or rather my second thought after "YES! thank goodness for that" was "thank goodness Froome didn't take any of the "deals" that were offered to him. . . .

Well if it wasn't for the last minute....

Methink this was a very hasty decision.  WADA/UCI struggle for MONTHS on the case and then when ASO puts on the pressure big time, a decision is reached in one day!!  Seriaaaasssly????

Would love to read the full report on this.

and guess what mr FLandis says (warning he uses naughty words, thought he might have chilled out since starting his new line of 'business'))

"He should be allowed to race," Landis told Cyclingnews. "If they have enough power to say that he can't now race, then ASO also have enough power to tell the UCI to fix the rules. ASO could have sent Froome and Sky the same email six months ago and said, 'If it's not cleared up by July, then we're not going to let you race,' and that would have given him enough time to litigate this.

"They knew that they were going to do this, but they've left it until the last moment in order to try to **** him over. That's completely unfair of them. I never thought I'd be sitting here and defending Froome, but it's a joke now. If they're going to hold riders to a certain standard, then they need to get it right themselves."

He had too much of a controlled substance that may or may not have been a performance enhancer in his urine. Now he has been cleared. Hardly a smoking EPO gun complete with Teatosterone pills and blood bags duct taped to walls.

Dont mention Valverde to the spanish fans on twitter, they do not appreciate it at all. 

Dont mention Valverde to the spanish fans on twitter, they do not appreciate it at all.

You mean number 18???

Perhaps it was Mrs Froome's ultimatum that Chris would ride the Tour this year that got the UCI backing off 

"hell has no fury...."

being a POM is my guess, and then secondly being part of Team Sky, its normal.

like aussie cricket... hard to like

like windies cricket... hard not to like

Archived