Advice on Divorce

New Landy new life

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not what I am saying...

Read carefully and then again. And what I proposed was merely a little droplet of what could go wrong in marriage. Apart from both parties not pulling their weight in the relationship.

I am only saying, society expects a woman to adopt male traits (being assertive, to be without empathy, to be cold and hard - not to be emotional, can't give a **** attitude, etc) to be succesful in their male dominated work environment. Women have to over compensate to succeed in the corporate world.

She then goes home, with the same adopted traits and her husband doesn't understand what is going on. And then they fight.

I never said women are not allowed in the corporate world. I never said thay should stay at home pregnant.

Thanks for the clarification, and the bold bit, I agree with to a certain extent. BUT. It's a good thing. Women SHOULD be more assertive in the workforce, as it'll lead to better success in promotions and salary hikes (simplistically speaking, and in general. Greater levels of assertiveness correlate to higher levels of success in the corporate environment, according to many studies I've read)

Also, there are women who are more aggressive / confrontational / "cold" etc than the average man. There are men who are more amiable / conscientious / kind than the average woman. That doesn't mean that if those 2 people are in a relationship, they'll fight / resent each other over time. It just means that people are the same, but also different. What ruins marriages and relationships is no communication, loss of respect, cheating, incompatability and many other things, INCLUDING the ascribing of certain rigid roles to a certain sex.  

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

That is not what I am saying...

Read carefully and then again. And what I proposed was merely a little droplet of what could go wrong in marriage. Apart from both parties not pulling their weight in the relationship.

I am only saying, society expects a woman to adopt male traits (being assertive, to be without empathy, to be cold and hard - not to be emotional, can't give afuck attitude, etc) to be succesful in their male dominated work environment. Women have to over compensate to succeed in the corporate world.

She then goes home, with the same adopted traits and her husband doesn't understand what is going on. And then they fight.

I never said women are not allowed in the corporate world. I never said thay should stay at home pregnant.

I'm reading carefully and still don't agree. Damn must be bringing my 'adopted traits ' with me from the workplace.

:clap: :w00t:

LOL. Just means that you may be slightly more conscientious than Cogito. Which you're perfectly allowed to be.

There is some seriously biblical reductionism going on here. We need some feng shui and pot pourri to bring out our feminine sides.

(Sorry, I'm trying to put the Gen in Gender Neutral...)

Thanks for the clarification, and the bold bit, I agree with to a certain extent. BUT. It's a good thing. Women SHOULD be more assertive in the workforce, as it'll lead to better success in promotions and salary hikes (simplistically speaking, and in general. Greater levels of assertiveness correlate to higher levels of success in the corporate environment, according to many studies I've read)

Also, there are women who are more aggressive / confrontational / "cold" etc than the average man. There are men who are more amiable / conscientious / kind than the average woman. That doesn't mean that if those 2 people are in a relationship, they'll fight / resent each other over time. It just means that people are the same, but also different. What ruins marriages and relationships is no communication, loss of respect, cheating, incompatability and many other things, INCLUDING the ascribing of certain rigid roles to a certain sex.

Mutual respect, communication, honesty and actually being able to get on well.. in other words being able to coexist ..to me is more important than love..I have seen far to many toxic relationship to say hold on to love....it alone isn't enough.. that is just my opinion. Edited by Gen

What ruins marriages and relationships is no communication, loss of respect, cheating, incompatability and many other things, INCLUDING the ascribing of certain rigid roles to a certain sex.  

This ^^^ 

I think its perfectly fine to have rigid ideas about the roles of different sexes. Just make sure you marry someone who share those principles. If you don't the blame is on you, not on "society that's changing"

Mutual respect, communication, honesty and actually being able to get on well.. in other words being able to coexist ..to me is more important than love..I have seen far to many toxic relationship to say hold on to love....it alone isn't enough.. that is just my opinion.

Yeah, you can love someone without liking them, and then later on down the road the love turns to resentment if the liking doesn't return. 

This ^^^ 

I think its perfectly fine to have rigid ideas about the roles of different sexes. Just make sure you marry someone who share those principles. If you don't the blame is on you, not on "society that's changing"

Yeah. 100%

Mod Note:

This discussion is slowly moving away from the original intention of advice on divorce and support for those going through a tough time.

If you want to carry on the discussion in the direction that it is please do so on the Gillette thread, as that is where the current line of discussion will have more relevance.

Mod Note:

This discussion is slowly moving away from the original intention of advice on divorce and support for those going through a tough time.

If you want to carry on the discussion in the direction that it is please do so on the Gillette thread, as that is where the current line of discussion will have more relevance.

????????????????

Mod Note:

Someone's gonna look at this post down the line and say ...."the what thread?.. The Gillette thread?? "

[emoji1787]

Mod Note:

Nothing like a bit of vaguely pointless Hub-squabbles to make people going through a hard time realise that things could be worse.

Glasses half full and all that!

Nothing like a bit of vaguely pointless Hub-squabbles to make people going through a hard time realise that things could be worse.

Glasses half full and all that!

The glass is always full......... it might just be a combination of water and air instead of just water.

;) Just to mess with things a little bit.

My little excursion this weekend to get away has gone really well. I went to visit my mom and she needed more than I did. Lazy relaxed and feeling good.