Advice on Divorce

New Landy new life

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, isn't that true. Just recently I went out with my friends for a couple of drinks and when I came home at like 2 am or something I got in bed and tried to kiss my wife, and she says she nearly puked. Ok fair enough, she is 8 months pregnant, but that's life. Men are such pigs

Well someone has to bring home the bacon.

Haha, isn't that true. Just recently I went out with my friends for a couple of drinks and when I came home at like 2 am or something I got in bed and tried to kiss my wife, and she says she nearly puked. Ok fair enough, she is 8 months pregnant, but that's life. Men are such pigs

Hope you got an Uber...

Update for the week I guess, 

Went to Social Worker on Wednesday past, she set dates for sleepover and told wife and me that we better learn to get along nicely etc, with divorce counselor number etc, and going for divorce kid workshop etc.

So all going well and mostly normal, till she starts bugging me midday Saturday, and hasn't stopped since silly things mostly. She asked what I want to do with my cat since she cant afford to feed her (i buy the cats food).

I'm pulling some serious strain tbh, its irritating that she is so blind to the stupidity of her own actions. 

Hoping lawyer gets things sorted but yea she busy as her partner ended up in icu with heart attack.

I'm pulling some serious strain tbh, its irritating that she is so blind to the stupidity of her own actions. 

eye on the prize, with the prize the two of you after all this, putting the kids first and you get on with the next chapter.

My friend's  ex - girlfriend, not even wife, but mother of his child pulls **** like phoning him at 2 in the morning because there's a spider in the house, and he does the 10km odd trip to appease her and for the benefit of his son. And this is about 2 years later. Crazy ****.

Good luck, to all of you. 

Hoping lawyer gets things sorted but yea she busy as her partner ended up in icu with heart attack.

Lucky you. Think you dodged a bullet there by getting divorced.

Lucky you. Think you dodged a bullet there by getting divorced.

ROFL

The other lawyer at the practice Partner not that kind of partner :P

But yea I definitely did Blood pressure is already lower.

Update for the week I guess, 

Went to Social Worker on Wednesday past, she set dates for sleepover and told wife and me that we better learn to get along nicely etc, with divorce counselor number etc, and going for divorce kid workshop etc.

So all going well and mostly normal, till she starts bugging me midday Saturday, and hasn't stopped since silly things mostly. She asked what I want to do with my cat since she cant afford to feed her (i buy the cats food).

Let her actions be the motivating force for you to keep going and to get the formalities sorted. Once this is done you can start pretending like she doesn't exist for all practical purposes not involving your kid(s), and you never have to put up with her sh!t again. You will be better off eventually, I believe.

My latest update was a bit strange but it seems that my Ex is actually happy that I am happy again and has realized I need to be more a part of my son's life than I am at the moment.

So My son invited me to watch him at his sport on Sunday , so I asked him if my GF could also come as she wanted to see him in action as he is very good and represents RSA internationally.

He won his event but ended up doing in his ankle ligaments and as I was about to rush to his side, I saw the Ex appear before I got to him, so I backed off and waited till she went back to her seat before approaching him.

Anyway, later that evening I get an SMS from her saying she was so glad to see me watching my son and he was so chuffed having his father there and she then says I have a nice looking G/F and how happy she is for me.

Was a bit taken aback but it seems she is genuinely happy for me and there was no animosity so I think we may have reached the point where we may as well talk to each other again as all that hurt from both our side has passed so we can move on.

She never came over to greet us, but at least it is a start.

represents RSA internationally.

What sport does he do? I'm just curious.

Anyway, later that evening I get an SMS from her saying she was so glad to see me watching my son and he was so chuffed having his father there and she then says I have a nice looking G/F and how happy she is for me.

Was a bit taken aback but it seems she is genuinely happy for me and there was no animosity so I think we may have reached the point where we may as well talk to each other again as all that hurt from both our side has passed so we can move on.

Just be careful man, women are complicated. Seems like a weird transition to make so quickly after what has happened and been happening? Women often want what they cant have, and a part of her will probably always love you, so seeing you look after er child, being a man, etc, might stir something in her heart. Just be careful, and guard your heart. You and your son come first now.

pic's of the girlfriend or else we can't believe this story  :ph34r:

My latest update was a bit strange but it seems that my Ex is actually happy that I am happy again and has realized I need to be more a part of my son's life than I am at the moment.

So My son invited me to watch him at his sport on Sunday , so I asked him if my GF could also come as she wanted to see him in action as he is very good and represents RSA internationally.

He won his event but ended up doing in his ankle ligaments and as I was about to rush to his side, I saw the Ex appear before I got to him, so I backed off and waited till she went back to her seat before approaching him.

She never came over to greet us, but at least it is a start.